M.l. Cd Changer Options

Ears

Greetings,

Having searched and read options for replacement of the Mark Levinson CD changer, I am interested in further opinion of this group. 2002 SC, second cd changer has now failed (first one was replaced under warranty)... Removed the unit myself to extract discs and can't help wonder...

1. Will a unit from a later sc work/integrate with the steering wheel controls on my '02?, in other words, is a unit from a 2005 a drop-in, plug and play?

2. Ipod Options... I have read and studied the VIAStech SLu, and realize the SLI would be the best bet; however, it is not listed as compatible with the '02 (I suspect it has to do with the steering wheel controls, and the fact that the SLI emulates an additional device, which was probably not provided for in the earlier units). The SLi Viastech lists compatibility with the 2005 and up.

I have used tape adapters, and FM modulators, but woud like a more stock/integrated approach, rather than have to fool with the ipod controls/ipod itself. Given that the changers are so unreliable, I am loathe to replace, especially as this time it is my dime...

Thanks.

Anyone care to wade in with suggestions?