Mini Fuses

yozh

Hello,

I just blew 2 15 amp mini fuses that are in the cabin in the RX330 2004. I tried to use the spare from the engine fuses and they are too big even after I cut them down. Where can I get fuses like that ? just need 2 for the cig lighter and the power outlet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

NAPA, autozone, etc

any auto parts store

please don't cut any fuses down to make them "fit" for safety's sake

I went to Strauss and they didnt have fuses like that. And cutting down a fuse its not a big deal, its just a conductor thats passing current and if its smaller or bigger doesnt metter, but it just doesnt fit in to the slot....

NAPA, autozone, etc

any auto parts store

I went to Strauss and they didnt have fuses like that. And cutting down a fuse its not a big deal, its just a conductor thats passing current and if its smaller or bigger doesnt metter, but it just doesnt fit in to the slot....

Not being from the east coast I don't know what Strauss is but I assume it's an auto parts store. I have never heard of an auto parts store not having mini fuses- that's just crazy! Are you sure this isn't a furniture store or a pharmacy? Go back again and look the guy in the eye and ask if this is a auto parts store and if he has mini fuses. If he tells you yes and no to your questions- back away slowly and turn and run. That's just crazy!

NAPA, autozone, etc

any auto parts store

Not being from the east coast I don't know what Strauss is but I assume it's an auto parts store. I have never heard of an auto parts store not having mini fuses- that's just crazy! Are you sure this isn't a furniture store or a pharmacy? Go back again and look the guy in the eye and ask if this is a auto parts store and if he has mini fuses. If he tells you yes and no to your questions- back away slowly and turn and run. That's just crazy!

No no they had mini fuses but they are not like this ones. The 2 that I need dont have contacts sticking out the contacts legs are fully exposed all the way thru.

I was looking on the net and saw that they might be called low profile mini fuses is that true can any one confirm ? Any where to buy online just need 2 15amp ?

Sorry yozh- I was unfamiliar with the low profile mini fuse - must not be very widely used. I'm sure if you got the yellow pages out and let your fingers do the walking there are surely parts stores in your area that carry them. It doesn't seem that they are used widely enough to be carried by a lot of the stores. My experience is , from working in the automotive field that if you can find a parts store that sells to the dealers or independent shops that they will most likely carry them. (In your area) If you can find 1 that sells to Toyota or Lexus dealers (yes even dealers have to buy parts sometimes from independent parts stores), they will most surely carry them. Or for certain, Toyota or Lexus dealers would carry them. Good Luck!

I was looking on the net and saw that they might be called low profile mini fuses is that true can any one confirm ? Any where to buy online just need 2 15amp ?

Sorry yozh- I was unfamiliar with the low profile mini fuse - must not be very widely used. I'm sure if you got the yellow pages out and let your fingers do the walking there are surely parts stores in your area that carry them. It doesn't seem that they are used widely enough to be carried by a lot of the stores. My experience is , from working in the automotive field that if you can find a parts store that sells to the dealers or independent shops that they will most likely carry them. (In your area) If you can find 1 that sells to Toyota or Lexus dealers (yes even dealers have to buy parts sometimes from independent parts stores), they will most surely carry them. Or for certain, Toyota or Lexus dealers would carry them. Good Luck!

Thanks. I`ll do some searching.

Hello,

I just blew 2 15 amp mini fuses that are in the cabin in the RX330 2004. I tried to use the spare from the engine fuses and they are too big even after I cut them down. Where can I get fuses like that ? just need 2 for the cig lighter and the power outlet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Their made by LittleFuse. http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/897.pdf Dealer charges 3 to 4 times actually cost. I found some at an electronic distributor store. If the device thats plugged in is blowing this fuse, be sure you turn the car off before removing the adapter.

Hello,

Their made by LittleFuse. http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/897.pdf Dealer charges 3 to 4 times actually cost. I found some at an electronic distributor store. If the device thats plugged in is blowing this fuse, be sure you turn the car off before removing the adapter.

Yozh- They are also made by Copper- Bussmann- or "Buss". Those are the 2 major manufacturers of fuses ( "Littlefuse" and "Buss" ) You still shouldn't have any problem finding them in your area (I would still let my fingers do the walking). Hope that maybe you have located a source by now.

• 10 years later...