Front Seat Air Filters (for Cooled Seats)

Anyone have a source for these or a part number? It took 3 minutes to get the first one out and 15 seconds for the passenger side. They were totally clogged up. I'm sure I'll get better cooling now but want to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

haven't had to change mine yet (thankfully).

back in oct 07 a guy said he bought one from sewell lexus for $75 plus shipping. he didn't give the part number but if you search for "seat filter" you might find that post. another choice might be ebay; i've had success finding parts from the ebay stores section with the "buy now" option (i.e., no bidding). possible search string would be 'lexus ls430 seat filter'

be cool,

I think this is it...

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=50633

I found them on this page:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/assembly....10&year=163

Not sure if the driver and passenger are the same (I haven't looked at mine in a while).

Anyone have a source for these or a part number? It took 3 minutes to get the first one out and 15 seconds for the passenger side. They were totally clogged up. I'm sure I'll get better cooling now but want to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

Be carefull that you don't run the fan motor(s) without the filters in place - the airflow will be much better, but anything that is left under the seat can be sucked into the motor & I'm sure that would be fairly expensive to replace!

The correct part number for the filters is: 88921-50010 and they are the same for both the drivers and passengers side.

I must not be too smart, but how do you access these filters. I tried some time ago and really scuffed up my knuckles. There must be an easy way?

Thanks,

:cheers:

Hank

There is a drawer in the front of the seats, just above the filters. If you pull this drawer out all the way, it will come out & you can see the clips that hold the filter in place (you will be able to see one side anyway - the other side is tucked up closer to the transmission tunnel, but is in exactly the same place/position). You can put you hand in through the hole left by the drawer removal & press the tops of the clips down to remove the filter.

Lexus dealer wants $42 each (they are small, only 4" X 2"). They are hard to find since the market isn't very large for them but I did find one source for $21 each + $11 shipping. After I found them and ordered them Lexus called back and dropped to $32 each.

Here are a few other sources:

Lexus Parts Online - $22.40 each

Sewell Parts Online - $28.00 each

Iron Toad - $45.70 each

Obviously prices will vary drastically - I called my Dealership (originally quoted $42.00 each) & they matched the Sewell price, so I just went & picked them up there.