Snow Tires Rx 330

laurak

Regretably there is really no such thing as an AWD RX300.

An AWD RX300 is a figment of Lexus' marketing's imagination.

On a 4WD dynamometer the 01 RX300 tested 95/5% F/R torque distribution and 75/25 F/R only after several minutes of "forced" F/R disparate rotational rates to bring the VC out of its normally "flaccid" state.

Laurak - What problems did you experience with the snow tires?

I live in NJ and we recently got hit by a blizzard. I had to take my wife to work which was about 20 miles from our house. The roads were a mix of plowed and unplowed. There was about 6 inches of snow and slush, sometimes double that.

My AWD RX330 has the snow+mud tires on 18-inch rims. I found them to be very grippy. The traction control, TCM/Snow Mode, stability control, et. al. worked in concert to get me where I needed to be. I've never felt more secure before.

I have driven other AWD/4WD (Toyota RAV4 and Jeep Liberty) and found the RX330 to be the best.

B) Myk

Lexus doesn't do a good job of describing the AWD system in any of their literature. I just bought a new RX 330. Hope the AWD system works in Buffalo, NY this winter.