Who Is Recommended For Parts?

ED.

For my BMWs I use Autohaus Arizona for my stuff. Prices are very good and staff is very friendly and helpful.

Only thing being is Autohaus AZ is more the German car side. They do have some Lexus parts listed but it is not their 'first choice' I guess you would say. Meaning that they don't stock as much and the prices aren't as great.

I need pads for the 96 and I looked on their site and here is what I found. Lexus LS Pads

Have to go cheap so probably one of the first two. I will check rear pads tomorrow but on these cars they are like drums which means they seem to last and last. Not sure where we got the current set from so the lack of shims on the first result steers me away. Second is a bit more solid.

Are those prices good/fair? I would like to do it next weekend if possible. Ordering my aunt a new antenna mast for her SC so I could do two with one stone there. Did the boot shocks today and it wasn't too bad. Didn't read the directions and when I did it made removal of the old shocks a lot eaiser. Doh! Passenger side was a little harder with the fuel pipe(s) being in the way. Was very careful not to hit those. I fit in there quite nicely which made working very easy. Something happened to the antenna on the 96 when my sister had it. She took it to one of those wash while you sit and let it ruin your paint, and said the antenna didn't go down so the thing hit it and now it doesn't fully go down. I don't know if it is the motor or the mast but will check tomorrow. Sounds like the mast is off but who knows. That's me being hopeful.

Anywayyyy, back the my Q on recomendations for Lex parts!

when I have to have OEM (thermostat, t-belt components, water pump, spark plug wires, distributor caps) I use LexusPartsOnline. For gaskets and/or cheap stuff (my Taurus parts as well, when I had one) I use RockAuto.

IIRC, LPO is $45-50 for OEM pads/set. About the same price as your site, but you're guaranteed OEM. On the other hand, I had Akebono ceramics on my Taurus and they were phenomenal. I doubt you'd be disappointed with either of the two, but with my LS I'm going OEM everything, so that's my 2c worth.

I've reused my shims in my Taurus and LS with no issues, they're just plates of metal. Clean them up real good, put some lube on the caliper pins and make sure you reinstall the anti-rattle springs (metal V's, easy to miss if they fall out as you're swinging the caliper away) and you're golden

What are your thoughts on the Akebonos on the LS? They were pretty cheap on the AZ site at $53.

They definetly need it though. I mean your foot goes to the floor! I may do a rad flush while it is up in the air. More on that later!

I recently purchased all the parts I needed to do the 60K service plust rear brake pads from irontoad.com. For the various parts I needed, they were the overall least expensive. OEM rear brake pads were $45.