Iphone Bluetooth Compatibility - Rx330

rfwoods

The new iPhone 3G has Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. Does anyone know whether that might mean compatibility with

the 2005 Lexus RX330 hands-free phone system?

Has anyone been successful in making any iPhone work with the 2005 Lexus RX330 hands-free phone system?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the first generation iPhone and an 2005 RX330. There are a few challenges. First, when the phone is "asleep", it doesn't always sync with the bluetooth. Sometimes I have to wake the phone up so it will connect with the hands free system. Then, sometimes there is an awful eardrum bursting sound that emanates from time to time when you try to initiate a call with the screen (versus from the phone), which stops after 1-2 seconds. Finally, there is some kind of problem right now with reception. I am taking my RX in for regular service this weekend and will be asking about this as I am beginning to wonder if it's some kind of software snafu that is impacting reception or if it's the antenna. In any case, it's annoying. Still, the iPhone (1st gen) is the best phone I've ever owned. It is an electronic swiss army knife. My recommendation is to go for it.

--Lynn

Still, the iPhone (1st gen) is the best phone I've ever owned. It is an electronic swiss army knife. My recommendation is to go for it.

After waiting several months for the new 3G iPhone and new applications from the new app store, I was stunned this week after spending an hour at an Apple store with their highest level techs that the 3G iPhone falls far short of being suitable for business use. I love the iPhone for its Safari web browser that can render even the most complex web pages accurately and for its ease of use in displaying photos and playing videos. And of course, it is great for playing music.

But there is still no way that the iPhone can efficiently sync up business documents (MS Excel, Access, Word) from a PC or local server without going through a complex and time consuming process of putting the documents on an Apple Internet server -- not something one is going to do with confidential business documents. And that is only the tip of the iceberg -- there are so many other shortcomings for business users.

As a "toy" for personal use, the 3G iPhone is great! But for serious business use, it's sort of a joke. I do appreciate the effort the folks at the Apple store expended this week trying to make it work as well as even the crappiest Windows Mobile or Blackberry device. They became as frustrated as me. As much as I like the "gee wiz" aspect of the iPhone, I've just got to have basic functionality for business use.