Some Hypermiling Techniques Will Get You Arrested In Ct

That's a great video. What I wish they also mentioned is the courtesy factor. There was one scene

there showing a car (HYBRID?) going slow with a stack of drivers behind it. That can be quite

infuriating and also less fuel efficient for some vehicles (non CVT stuck in a lower gear).

I routinely go slower that the speed limit on certain roads to run with the ICE off. It's a blast but,

only if I'm not blocking someone.

/Steve

It's incredible that someone would turn off their vehicle when its power steering and brakes rely on an engine that is running. Of course, we hybrid owners don't have to even think about turning off the engine. I have found that average speeds on the highways here in San Diego has dropped, noticably. I'll bet we will see a trend of fewer accidents as well.

It's incredible that someone would turn off their vehicle when its power steering and brakes rely on an engine that is running. Of course, we hybrid owners don't have to even think about turning off the engine. I have found that average speeds on the highways here in San Diego has dropped, noticably. I'll bet we will see a trend of fewer accidents as well.

And of course all of our insurance rates will plunge inversely proportional to the price of gas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And of course all of our insurance rates will plunge inversely proportional to the price of gas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is illegal to use "insurance rates" and "plunge" in the same sentence.

Tom