Cel In Acc Position Before Start But Not While Running?

chilkoot

with the key in the acc position the only dash lights that are on are my seatbelt light, e-brake light, air bag light (short in the dash, always on) and my CEL. However, the CEL goes away when I start my car. Only an airbag light when it's running. All of the other lights in my dash only light up for a second as the car cranks. Is there a reason that the CEL is the only diagnostic light on my dash in the ACC position, or is this unusual behavior?

All of your warning lights are designed to come on when the key is in the "ON" position not "ACC". Once the car is started and running and all the systems are pressurized, there should be no lights on unless there is a problem with a particular system.

apologies, those four lights are on in the on position, the rest of the dash lights only illuminate for a split second while the key is at the Start position. nothing is illuminated in the acc position.