Major Navigation Issues '04 Gx470

Hey Folks,

Here's the issue I'm having. I went for a drive yesterday and at first the my Nav was working just fine. Let me also say I've never had an issue with he Navigation on this car. About 30 miles into my trip, my Nav became off, it seemed as if I was driving on a street parallel to the highway. However it got worse and and worse as the trip progressed and on my trip back my Nav became off by 200+ miles, the map was showing me in a completely different town. It's accurately ploting my directional position and speed, however the map is just completely off. Has anyone else seen this issue ?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a vaistech unit in the car? I had the same problem, among other problems. I thought it might be the vaistech unit. I contacted Eugene at vaistech and he immediately sent me a new unit, which fixed all the problems. You cannot beat his customer service.

Do you have a vaistech unit in the car? I had the same problem, among other problems. I thought it might be the vaistech unit. I contacted Eugene at vaistech and he immediately sent me a new unit, which fixed all the problems. You cannot beat his customer service.

cab2u, I have a Vaistech SLU in my 03 GX and occassionally (4 times over 8 months) the navigation gets "lost" placing my vehicle on the map miles away (one time 200+ miles south of my destination). Has there been official acknowledgment by Vaistech that their unit screws up the navi?