Various Issues With Gs300

Ladies and gents. Hopeful you can provide some guidance on a few 98 GS 300 issues...

First: AC leaks water inside car... Looks like its from the fan unit and I question if the drain is clogged?

Second: How does one take apart the cig lighter assembly? Both cig lighters do not work. I suspect previous owner hooked up a hands free assembly and he may have utilized power to cig lighters.

Third: Anyone have an issue with passenger door lock? It seems ours does not work.

Four: Replacement of windshield. I have Geico coverage and we have a crack that is expanding. Should I go to LEXUS or can anyone put in the right windshield?

This has been a great care... Keeps my wife happy..

ok check the evap drain on the ac........make sure its not clogged and your system isnt freezing over! does a/c work right?

someone had a diagram on here of the cigeratte removal the other day but for the life of me i cannot recall what thread it was in!

doesnt work at all? or just when you use the remote the lock doesnt work? did you check the fuses? does anything on the door panel work........NOT from the drivers door but from the particular door in ?

anyone can replace it but i will tell you this since i have a replaced windshield and it leaks air (even though i have had them try and fix it twice to no avail) if the insurance is paying for it go to the dealer if you paying for it go somewhere else and make sure they use FACTORY LEXUS GLASS......it will say lexus someplace on/in the glass! mine doesnt as mine is a aftermarket piece!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

The AC works fine... Typically after 30 minutes or extended use it starts dripping. When I removed the black panel some leaves and crap fell out... Not sure where the drain is....

Everything electronics works great. Fuse is fine... Suspect someone disconnected it and used power for hands free phone.. Just have to figure out how to take it apart.

Thanks for the replies

well typically the first thing you do when a home or residential system starts freezing over is you check the filter. have you done this? and i dont mean the air filter i mean the cabin air filter........its in the glove box? if you havent changed/checked this make sure its not dirty first and foremost if it is change it......then make sure your freon isnt low! both these can cause the a/c to freeze over and leak everywhere! ok i have a ? for you............you said when u removed the black panel? what black panel....from where? are you getting continuity to either cig outlets? do you happen to have a ohm meter or can borrow one? did you get the door figured out as you didnt mention it?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 8 months later...
Wow... The air filter was terrible... I have removed it until I buy another one.

THe door may have a mechanical problem. Everything else works and all other doors work.

I have similar issue. Lights in ashtray turn on but actual plug doesnt work. Problem happenned after I had car audio shop wire up sub. funny thing is they installed relay swtich and they say now that it went bad. Something is fishy I will check panel on driver side. If cig light fuse is bad what else would have stopped working?

post-10307-1236449893_thumb.jpg