Door Locked-even Dealer Can't Get In!

My '93 SC400 decided to not let me in via the outside handle the other day period.

But the inside handle would continue to operate for a while until my wife found it getting problematic and proceeded to yank on it until the stupid plastic lever broke.

Using needle nose vise grips turning the remaining plastic stump still no door openny!

Took it to the dealer in Reno when routine timing belt replacement was in order and had them look at the door problem as well.

Dealer charged me 1/2 hour to look at door problem and said the mechanics couldn't open it either!

I'm just about ready to take the heat wrench to it and cut it open unless somebody on this list knows a solution.

BTW, Is anybody parting out a complete drivers door assy. Black w/ tan inner?

Dinojoe

My '93 SC400 decided to not let me in via the outside handle the other day period.

But the inside handle would continue to operate for a while until my wife found it getting problematic and proceeded to yank on it until the stupid plastic lever broke.

Using needle nose vise grips turning the remaining plastic stump still no door openny!

Took it to the dealer in Reno when routine timing belt replacement was in order and had them look at the door problem as well.

Dealer charged me 1/2 hour to look at door problem and said the mechanics couldn't open it either!

I'm just about ready to take the heat wrench to it and cut it open unless somebody on this list knows a solution.

BTW, Is anybody parting out a complete drivers door assy. Black w/ tan inner?

Dinojoe

I'd strongly suggest checking eBay before anything else. There are Lexus parts guys who sell used parts such as this routinely. Also, go online and Google "Lexus parts" (or a variation thereof) - you should pull a number of salvage yards across the U.S. who may have or will try to locate whatever you need. Best of luck on this; there are lots of used parts sources you can uncover if you put in a little time on the old PC.

There are 2 cables, one from the inner lock and one from the inner lever. This happened to me when I was working on the speakers and forgot to hook the cables back up before I closed the door after puting it back together! I got the top part of the liner pulled up enough to get to the cable, pulled the end and got it open. Did not tear it up doing that either, although I was ready to, rather than jack the whole door up. Undo that screw beneath the cover on the inner handle. It pops out with a screwdriver. Mine was pretty hard to pop out. Good luck!