Tire Brands

HELLO PEOPLE, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE USE OUT OF YOUR EXPERIENCE, WHICH TIRE BRAND IS RECOMMENDED TO BE USED BY A LEXUS GS300 FOR BEST PERFORMANCE & COMFORT DURING DRIVING ???

Tire Size : 245/40 R18

Please reply, I would be thankful.... :)

If it's just a brand name you are after - MICHELIN. They make the best tires I have ever ridden on, and have done so since 1971 when I started driving.

If it's just a brand name you are after - MICHELIN. They make the best tires I have ever ridden on, and have done so since 1971 when I started driving.

Thank You SRK, but there is one more thing, when you said "If it's just a brand name you are after" did you mean there are other stuff i should be looking for other than a brand name ??

lol yeah, price, reliability, etc etc tons more

i have been riding the michelin energy mxv4 for almost 4 years now.........just got some on my gs430 about 2 months ago and my old es300 was shod with them also! so quiet, so comfortable but not the easiest on the wallet...... my 225/55/16 (? i think thats my size i would have to go outside and look and im being lazy right now) were like 171 a tire but to me they are worth it! to me.........some people they wouldnt be!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

Thank You SRK, but there is one more thing, when you said "If it's just a brand name you are after" did you mean there are other stuff i should be looking for other than a brand name ??

Well, within the Michelin brand there are many types of tires, and some will be suitable, and some not, for your car. I like the Pilot AS and the Exalto myself.

I have Pilot AS 235/45-17 on my GS. When they wear out (presently Z-rated) I'll replace them with 245-45-17 in V-rated, same type and brand.

lol yeah, price, reliability, etc etc tons more

i have been riding the michelin energy mxv4 for almost 4 years now.........just got some on my gs430 about 2 months ago and my old es300 was shod with them also! so quiet, so comfortable but not the easiest on the wallet...... my 225/55/16 (? i think thats my size i would have to go outside and look and im being lazy right now) were like 171 a tire but to me they are worth it! to me.........some people they wouldnt be!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

Thank YOu For the information brother, and i welcome you back too for your return ;)

Well, within the Michelin brand there are many types of tires, and some will be suitable, and some not, for your car. I like the Pilot AS and the Exalto myself.

I have Pilot AS 235/45-17 on my GS. When they wear out (presently Z-rated) I'll replace them with 245-45-17 in V-rated, same type and brand.

Thank You Again :)

h rated tires should be fine.........as my stupid governor is set very low (122-124) i dont need a z rating! anyuways while your at it i would suggest filling them with nitrogen as long as its cheap it cost me 20 for all 5 tires........ (i ALWAYS) buy a matching full size spare!

brian

h rated tires should be fine.........as my stupid governor is set very low (122-124) i dont need a z rating! anyuways while your at it i would suggest filling them with nitrogen as long as its cheap it cost me 20 for all 5 tires........ (i ALWAYS) buy a matching full size spare!

brian

Thanks for the information my friend :)

i've read that before randy but heres a million more....

http://www.getnitrogen.org/sub2.php?view=print#best

you can click on any link on there and read different things! i got it in mine when i got new tires for 20 bucks for all 5 tires...i woulddnt have paid the 40.00 a tire costco or sams wanted! many tire places switching to it here, so gotta be some truth in it?

brian

• 2 months later...

Best Tires?.......depends really how much your willing to spend.

Michelins are awsome. Other ones that are great are perreli's, yokohama's, Toyos (Some of the best on the market right now) and Hakabanuchi (I Have no idea how to spell this company, I just know that they are currently the best winter tire your money can buy and that there swiss)

It's hard to argue against Michelin's......& if we are talking a GS 300, those two choices are about the best in an all season tire.

What year is your GS alawi?

:cheers:

I'm not sure but I think Live//Evil meant the Hakkapeliitta by Nokian for a winter tire, and they're from Finland. I have Hakka 2s and they are awesome but pricey. For a summer tire I have Hankooks. Like a lot of Korean companies they're trying to get a foothold into the market by making a decent product at a low price. They aren't up to Yokohamas, Toyos, or Michelins but they are very good for the price and they look good. I have no real complaints about the handling or comfort but they are a bit loud.

Well all tires are speed rated...which speed rating are you talking about?

In my experience as a brand Michelin has the most consistent and high quality lineup in the business. Other tiremakers have great tires, but a lot of if not most of their linup is crappy. Michelin only has a couple tire models that I wouldn't buy...