Airbag And Check Engine Light And Interior Light

FISHKEY17

First off great Fourm.. I bought a 1997 LX 450 that has the Airbag light, on also the check engine light. I been on alot of other auto repair forms some i'am pretty good at diagnose process. I seen the form for resetting airbags light and tried it several times to no avail. I believe i'am getting a fault code of 31 . can't figure out what this one is to, Can any body help? Ineed to know what that code relates to and how to fix it.

I noticed that when I open my front pass. door the interior lights do not come on, [all others work[ when openning doors/b]] could this be possible fault? how would i go about tracing it down?

I have checked under the seats all wiring seems to be intact. Could the door Post swich be tripping the airbag light?

Without a scanner is there a way to read a fault code for the check engine light.? I did disconnect the battery and it did clear only to return after 25 miles of driving. is it O2 senors? egr?

thanks in advance

First off great Fourm.. I bought a 1997 LX 450 that has the Airbag light, on also the check engine light. I been on alot of other auto repair forms some i'am pretty good at diagnose process. I seen the form for resetting airbags light and tried it several times to no avail. I believe i'am getting a fault code of 31 . can't figure out what this one is to, Can any body help? Ineed to know what that code relates to and how to fix it.

I noticed that when I open my front pass. door the interior lights do not come on, [all others work[ when openning doors/b]] could this be possible fault? how would i go about tracing it down?

I have checked under the seats all wiring seems to be intact. Could the door Post swich be tripping the airbag light?

Without a scanner is there a way to read a fault code for the check engine light.? I did disconnect the battery and it did clear only to return after 25 miles of driving. is it O2 senors? egr?

thanks in advance

I don't see P 31 in the error code listing. How'd you come up with that?