Top Wont Lock

panchohondo

When opening the top on our '02 SC430, it does not want to lock into position so the red warning light on the "open/close" switch continues to stay red and the chime sounds. With a few minutes of pressing the switch or closing and re-opening the top it will finally lock (you can hear an actual muted "clunk" when it does) and then everything is fine. I took the car to the dealer (Lexus Carlsbad) and they said all it needed was "adjusting" and it was fixed. Now, a month later it is doing it again! The dealer is a long ways from me and taking it back is a pain. Anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions for a fix?

I own an '06 and have had the problem you're writing about and each time I took it into the dealer they couldn't duplicate it. Last week it happened again and I drove to the dealer and they put it on the computer while I watched and found it was a switch that needed to be adjusted and now the top locks without a problem. Switch was on Driver's side and no parts had to be ordered or replaced.