Delay For Headlight To Turn Off

Trying clicking on the lock button twice on your key fob. If that doesn't turn em off, you got a problem.

I'll try that. I never lock my car in the garage, so maybe that's why. I'll fiddle with it and see how it goes.

Trying clicking on the lock button twice on your key fob. If that doesn't turn em off, you got a problem.

I'll try that. I never lock my car in the garage, so maybe that's why. I'll fiddle with it and see how it goes.

You shouldn't HAVE to do this, though.

• 1 month later...

This is rediculous ( Not your response, that it is an issue.) Lexus should let the users configure the settings and not have the dealer do it. This is such a scam. I hate that you have to go to the dealer to configure your settings. my 335 lets me configure everything from not using the day time running lights to the lights staying on up to 120 seconds. I am shocked that my IS doesn't let me configure anything.

The Electronics on the IS seem to be over nanny

You shouldn't HAVE to do this, though.

You can configure some things yourself, but not most.

Its purely that they haven't gotten around to creating a user interface, the C-BEST settings came out in 98 and it was a big deal that you could even make those changes, they've just never upgraded the system. They will.

I had the lexus dealer disable it when i took delivery of the car. It was initially useful on my mercedes, but thankfully you can turn it off on the merc in the settings menu system. I got sick and tired of people telling me I left my lights on, and trying to explain to them that they turn off by themself.

I had the lexus dealer disable it when i took delivery of the car. It was initially useful on my mercedes, but thankfully you can turn it off on the merc in the settings menu system. I got sick and tired of people telling me I left my lights on, and trying to explain to them that they turn off by themself.

It amazes me that stuff like that MUST be ajusted by the dealer. GM cars, for example, have a dash knob that can adjust the light sensitivity. There's just no good reason they can't make some of those things driver adjusted--especially light sensitivity and auto shut off.

It amazes me that stuff like that MUST be ajusted by the dealer. GM cars, for example, have a dash knob that can adjust the light sensitivity. There's just no good reason they can't make some of those things driver adjusted--especially light sensitivity and auto shut off.

man ... you folks are some of the laziest bloggers i have come across in this website! just press the damn lock key TWICE on the key fob and the lights will go off immediately! quit your whining like the Republicans! :P

man ... you folks are some of the laziest bloggers i have come across in this website! just press the damn lock key TWICE on the key fob and the lights will go off immediately! quit your whining like the Republicans! :P

I dont know about you, but I got a car with Smart Key so I didnt have to use the fob.

That would be my problem. On my old ES its no big deal because I have to lock the car with the key anyways, so hitting "lock" again isn't an issue, but if I had one of the new ones with the smart key having to dig the key out of my pocket to hit it and make the lights go out would be a pain. Hitting the lock button on the door twice doesn't shut them off...

I've had cars with auto lights...well I've never had a car without them so leaving them on and walking away doesnt bother me.