Delay For Headlight To Turn Off

i know the factory setting is 30 sec to turn off...my question is how do i change that to turn off as soon as i turn the car off no delay?

and another question is there a way to turn on and off the daylight running lights?

please help

I got an 08' IS 250 premium pkg with navi.

Complete list of all the settings they can change is here-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachment...mp;d=1168127018

You get one free adjustment in the first 1 yr/12k miles (one adjustment means one "list" of settings you want changed, not just a single setting, but you'll have to do them all at once...after that they'll likely charge for changes)

Complete list of all the settings they can change is here-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachment...mp;d=1168127018

You get one free adjustment in the first 1 yr/12k miles (one adjustment means one "list" of settings you want changed, not just a single setting, but you'll have to do them all at once...after that they'll likely charge for changes)

Careful--the new LPS sheet on lexus.com says you must do it at your 1000 mi service if you want it done for free.

If you press the lock button on the remote twice, they turn off. Pressing the one on the door twice doesn't work.

True--but why have the SmartKey if you have to use the remote anyway. I'm with the OP--I had this LPS changed--I hated it.

then...

what are you planning on doing whenever you park at night in a dark spot? use a flashlight?

It's simply not an issue, that's all. I certainly don't need it for my garage (or work garage).

In fact, I can't think of an example where I *would* need it. I'm guessing you utilize parking with little or no overhead lighting/light poles?

Ironically, I do have a small LED light attached to my keychain.

then...

what are you planning on doing whenever you park at night in a dark spot? use a flashlight?

Lights are thoroughly useless since they illuminate in front of the car, not to the side where I exit. Right now the only thing they got going for them is the "cool" factor. I didn't know no delay meant that they still stay on until the door opens. I'll have them changed next time.

then...

Lights are thoroughly useless since they illuminate in front of the car, not to the side where I exit. Right now the only thing they got going for them is the "cool" factor. I didn't know no delay meant that they still stay on until the door opens. I'll have them changed next time.

That's just not true.

That's just not true.

Which part of his statement are you contesting?

The part about the lights being totally usless except in front of the car. Parking in a garage, they reflect off the wall and give sufficient light to go in the house. Parking in front of a wall, same thing, etc.

As an aside, I've never had luck with the "automatic" feature on the headlights. I don't have a delay, because I simply just turn off my headlights. On the first day I had the car, I left it on auto, went into my house. About a half-hour later, went out to go over the car, and the lights were still on. So much for automatic.

Don't know how to turn off the running lights. Most likely a dealer thing.

As an aside, I've never had luck with the "automatic" feature on the headlights. I don't have a delay, because I simply just turn off my headlights. On the first day I had the car, I left it on auto, went into my house. About a half-hour later, went out to go over the car, and the lights were still on. So much for automatic.

Don't know how to turn off the running lights. Most likely a dealer thing.

I turn mine on and off manually too. All those years without the luxury automatic stuff just made it a habit. :D

I turn mine on and off manually too. All those years without the luxury automatic stuff just made it a habit. :D

I like to leave my lights on all the time, so the auto feature doesn't help me either way.

I like to leave my lights on all the time, so the auto feature doesn't help me either way.

I had mine on all day and also the fogs driving on July 4 and still people would be meandering along in the left lane like there wasn't anyone else on the road. :(

Actually it does, if you leave your lights to "on" all the time, the car will still shut them off as if they were on AUTO after the car is turned off.

Unless you leave a door open theres no way to leave your lights on in a Lexus.

Actually it does, if you leave your lights to "on" all the time, the car will still shut them off as if they were on AUTO after the car is turned off.

Which is way better than the beeping warning that you can so easily ignore while hopping out of the car anyway. That is a nice feature.

That's what I was saying, I've never had luck with it. They stay on inside the garage. I don't know if it's too much illumination reflecting off the walls, or what. But I leave it in the auto position, pull into my garage, shut off the car, the lights will never turn off............Do I need to just trust that they'll turn off? Half an hour later, I go back out in the garage, and they're still on......

That's what I was saying, I've never had luck with it. They stay on inside the garage. I don't know if it's too much illumination reflecting off the walls, or what. But I leave it in the auto position, pull into my garage, shut off the car, the lights will never turn off............Do I need to just trust that they'll turn off? Half an hour later, I go back out in the garage, and they're still on......

Then something is wrong with your car. Once you turn the car off, then open the door, the lights will automatically go off in 30 seconds (assuming that's what the LPS is set for), whether the knob is set to "ON" or "AUTO". It has nothing to do with how dark the garage is.

Agreed, something is wrong with your car.

The only reason for the lights not to go out is if you left a door open (they'll stay on while the doors or trunk are open and go out only after everything is shut) or if you turned the car off and never opened the drivers door (if you turn the car off and just sit in the car and not leave they'll stay on). Maybe a sensor somewhere isn't working.