Audio Display

Hello All,

I'm about to purchase a 2006 GS300 but had a question as far as the display face. The display becomes blank ..audio after a few moments of "non-use" Is this the norm? It does not have the Nav system and I have checked the settings several times while at the dealer. The dealer is looking into it for me but I thought I'd ask you, the real user experts if this is normal. If not, where would I find the setting? I would like to view the station while driving...Thanks in advance. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

here is the deal.

If you DO NOT have navigation AND the Screen Setting is set ON for Automatic transition from Audio/Air conditioner to navigation then it will go to a blank screen after about 20 seconds of not touching the audio screen or the climate screen. If we had navi, then it would go back to the navi display. Since you don't have navi, then it goes to a blank screen.

If you set the Screen Setting to OFF for this selection, then the audio or climate screen will stay on indefinately. You, however, can make it go blank by one of two ways. 1. Press the associated screen button located on the bezel. This button now becomes a toggle on/off switch for the screen display. 2. When the screen is on, press the DISP button on the bezel, then touch the SCREEN OFF button on the display. When you press the climate or audio button on the bezel, then that screen will appear.

steviej

Edited by steviej