O 2 Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2

On my GS 300 I have an O2 Sensor that is out, the code says it is sensor 2 of bank 2. How do I determine where bank 2 is located. I think I have figured out that it is the sensor behind the Cat Converter but which side?

Thanks

AJ

On my GS 300 I have an O2 Sensor that is out, the code says it is sensor 2 of bank 2. How do I determine where bank 2 is located. I think I have figured out that it is the sensor behind the Cat Converter but which side?

Thanks

AJ

bank two is the side that has the number 2 cylinder. I am pretty sure that it is the passenger side.

BP

BANK 2 SENSOR 2, REFERS TO THE LAST 3 OR 4 PIPES OF THE HEADER COMING OUT OF THE ENGINE ON THR RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE CLOSEST TO THE FIREWALL OF THE CAR. SENSOR 1 IS LOCATED ON THE LAST OF THAT PIPE CLOSEST TO THE FIRE WALL OF THE CAR IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT DOWN BELOW. SENSOR 2, IF YOU GO THE THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR AND LOOK UNDER THE CAR YOU WILL SEE THE SENSOR ON THE PIPE JUST AFTER THE CAT. THAT SENSOR CONNECTS JUST UNDER THE FLOOR MAT OF THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR. YOU CAN GO THE THE WEB SITE WWW.DENSOPRODUCTS.COM TO LOOK UP THE PART#, AND WWW.ROCKAUTO.COM TO ORDER IT, ABOUT $105. I HAVE ATTACHED A DIAGRAM OF THE LOCATION OF THE SENSOR. GOOD LUCK...

TROUBLESHOOT_LEXUS_O2_SENSOR_MALFUNCTION.pdf

BANK 2 SENSOR 2, REFERS TO THE LAST 3 OR 4 PIPES OF THE HEADER COMING OUT OF THE ENGINE ON THR RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE CLOSEST TO THE FIREWALL OF THE CAR. SENSOR 1 IS LOCATED ON THE LAST OF THAT PIPE CLOSEST TO THE FIRE WALL OF THE CAR IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT DOWN BELOW. SENSOR 2, IF YOU GO THE THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR AND LOOK UNDER THE CAR YOU WILL SEE THE SENSOR ON THE PIPE JUST AFTER THE CAT. THAT SENSOR CONNECTS JUST UNDER THE FLOOR MAT OF THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR. YOU CAN GO THE THE WEB SITE WWW.DENSOPRODUCTS.COM TO LOOK UP THE PART#, AND WWW.ROCKAUTO.COM TO ORDER IT, ABOUT $105. I HAVE ATTACHED A DIAGRAM OF THE LOCATION OF THE SENSOR. GOOD LUCK...

Thanks, that is a great help.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

I know this is an old thread but can anyone tell me how to get to the o2 connector that is in the passenger side under the rug.  I can't see how to get the carpet up.

• 1 year later...

I, too, know that this is an old thread, but I just replaced mine and thought I'd share a couple tips.

- The OEM is Denso.  Their product number is DEN234-4603.  They call it the "Downstream Cyls. 4-6" sensor for my 2005 GS300.  I could tell it was the right sensor, since it clearly has the grommet used where the wire passes into the passenger compartment.

- The sensor would not come loose for me.

= I used a grinder to cut the sensor itself in half.  That allowed me to use a socket.

= I bought a 22mm impact wrench socket.  Those sockets work by moving the sides of the nuts not the corners, so there was much less danger of rounding, if any.

- I still couldn't get the stub of the O2 sensor out of the car.  So I jacked the car up and allowed the weight of the car to torque the breaker bar.  It worked.

- To get the carpet up, remove the plastic panel below the glove compartment.  It is held in place by two hooks close to the engine and three hidden clips closer to the passenger seat.  Gently push down on the edge closer to the passenger seat.  Twist the light to remove it and place the panel to the side.  Then you can pull the carpet down to get to the wire.  It goes from under the passengers left foot to behind the radio.

= The clip is hard to reach.  I used my cell phone camera to see what I was trying to do.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have 06 GS 300 AWD - Though I am reading these comments, some of them (including other ppl on different websites) keep assuring that Bank 2 sensor 2 is on the drivers side and some say its on the passenger . I settled for it being driver side and the downstream sensor  wire is long as *BLEEP*. Can someone with certainty tell me which side is bank 2 on AND show undeniable manufacturer proof (or close to it)........Save me