1,000 Miles

Hi guys

My white 08 IS250 AWD turned 1,000 miles yesterday. And believe it or not, I have survived without NAV, and love the car.

Anyway, when I take it in for the 1,000-mile service, what should I expect? Anything special to ask for?

Thanks.

Well, if you can find your way back to the dealership, maybe mention the brake pad dust issue. Other than that it's up to you if you want an oil change or not.

1k is when I had my LPS done... I'd driven the car enough to have an idea what I wanted changed (very little in my case, you might be different though)

What are some of the common LPS settings people have done?

Well, if you can find your way back to the dealership, maybe mention the brake pad dust issue. Other than that it's up to you if you want an oil change or not.

:D I'll get my portable GPS out ... hopefully I can find it.

LOL!! POS portables!!..... You might wanna keep a 2-D nav backup system folded nicely in the glove box. LMAO!!

DEFINITELY get the brake pads changed, it makes a HUGE difference! I also got them to change the backlight on my speedometer which was set to come on at 60...it annoyed me for some reason, so now it comes on at 80 (when I should probably be warned about my speed : )

1k is when I had my LPS done... I'd driven the car enough to have an idea what I wanted changed (very little in my case, you might be different though)

The updated LPS sheet says you *must* do them at this service if you want them done for free.

DEFINITELY get the brake pads changed, it makes a HUGE difference! I also got them to change the backlight on my speedometer which was set to come on at 60...it annoyed me for some reason, so now it comes on at 80 (when I should probably be warned about my speed : )

You don't need the dealer to do this. You can do it yourself with the <o> switch to the left of the steering column.