Auxiliary Input For Mp3 Player

hi all,

just spent hours searching through this forum but have not been able to find anyting concrete on installing an auxilary input for an MP3 player into my 2004 es330 with ML and Nav. What is even more confusing is that msot of the adapter manufacturers make the adapters for toyotas, but am not sure which ones are compatible with an ES.

I've narrowed my search down to the PIE TOY03-AUX/S. My ES330 has the satellite button (shared with the AM button) as required. However, some sellers (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1047) are stating that this adapter is not compatible with a factory Nav.

Has anyone had any luck installing an aux adapter that is low cost.. I don't want to use VAISTEch or other expensive adapters... I'm trying to keep the cost around $60 USD.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have same question, with added item.

2004 ES330 with ML/NAV/XMradio, and want to somehow plug my ipod in. Tried the FM radio thing, and it is terrible. Would like to get full use of the nav screen, but not required.

Ken

hi all,

just spent hours searching through this forum but have not been able to find anyting concrete on installing an auxilary input for an MP3 player into my 2004 es330 with ML and Nav. What is even more confusing is that msot of the adapter manufacturers make the adapters for toyotas, but am not sure which ones are compatible with an ES.

I've narrowed my search down to the PIE TOY03-AUX/S. My ES330 has the satellite button (shared with the AM button) as required. However, some sellers (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1047) are stating that this adapter is not compatible with a factory Nav.

Has anyone had any luck installing an aux adapter that is low cost.. I don't want to use VAISTEch or other expensive adapters... I'm trying to keep the cost around $60 USD.

Thanks.