New To Forum.... Problem With My Lexus

First of all, i'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm from Boston and i drive a 2000 es300 platinum edition. yesterday while driving, i got the trac off light and the CEL. i'm going to go over to auto zone and check the code in the morning and then i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where i go from there. i wasn't sure if it was better to go to a local toyota dealer or a local lexus dealer or if anyone knows of a trust worthy/good mechanic in the boston area... lmk!

any advice and input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Danny

p1130 and p1135. the guy at auto zone recomended a few places nearby and they told me that it is my o2 sensor and that to fix this, it may be best if i bring it into the dealer for original parts. any thoughts, advice or input? i'm also concerned of the possibility of a vacuum leak...

These cars are picky. I would just make sure you stay with Denso's. You''ll have to check for the vacuume leaks if you think you have an issue there.

First of all, i'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm from Boston Danny

Danny, where abouts are you in the Baystate?

I know a couple of good inde's if you don't want to go to a dealership.

P1130 and P1135 point to A/F sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is the hardest to get to if you don't have a lift or floor jack and stands.

It is the one before the cat on the set of cylinders closest to the windshield.

How good are you with a wrench?

The Denso sensor can be had on line for about $200 or a little more than that from a Toyota dealership, or a little more than that from a Lexus stearlership.

steviej

First of all, i'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm from Boston Danny

Danny, where abouts are you in the Baystate?

I know a couple of good inde's if you don't want to go to a dealership.

P1130 and P1135 point to A/F sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is the hardest to get to if you don't have a lift or floor jack and stands.

It is the one before the cat on the set of cylinders closest to the windshield.

How good are you with a wrench?

The Denso sensor can be had on line for about $200 or a little more than that from a Toyota dealership, or a little more than that from a Lexus stearlership.

steviej

South Boston. I also have a few other questions about a few maintenance procedure if anyone(really don't know too much about cars... have a few friends that do that helps me out) can help or advise on.

Transmission flush... do i need one? 113k miles on my 2000 es... i've had it for 25k...some people told me i should and some say i shoudn't. don't want to have to rebuild tranny... and i want to replace my spark plugs.. do you guys think i should use original parts? or going into a local shop and getting a tune up will do?

once again, thanks a million for your input everyone!