Oil Filter Study

I am sorry if I may have broken any rules by double posting this. But The subject was mentioned in a thread about how often to change oil, then it drifted into oil filters. I felt that a topic about filters is different enough to rate it's own thread because filter quality is a totally different subject for how often you change oil. The link below has the best info regarding filters I have ever seen anywhere.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterst...dy.html#warning

I am sorry if I may have broken any rules by double posting this. But The subject was mentioned in a thread about how often to change oil, then it drifted into oil filters. I felt that a topic about filters is different enough to rate it's own thread because filter quality is a totally different subject for how often you change oil. The link below has the best info regarding filters I have ever seen anywhere.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterst...dy.html#warning

This particular study is incomplete and has not been updated since 2000. Thanks for the information however.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer of many components like oil filters can change with time, as can the quality. Many years ago I remember finding a site by a Mustang owner who cut open and inspected several oil filters and posted the results. The most interesting thing to me was that Fram filters had degraded terribly when the company was bought out (Allied Signal?).

Tom

• 2 months later...
I did first change at 2k miles then every 3.5k after. At 13.5 we went to Mobile1. The filters fcome from the local Toyota dealer. They are cheaper than the Lexus filter-go figure.

And... your point is......................................................?????????????????????????????

Sorry... I had one (1) glass of Chenin Blanc too much.................... :D

I don't drink but I have woke up the next morning and read what I wrote the last night in another thread reguarding stickers and emblems and regretted my choice of words and felt it necessary to make an apology. You may find yourself in the same situation tomorrow