New Lexus Owner - Have A Cel Question

I got a check engine light on my new to me 1993 Lexus ES300. After reading through the forums I learned how to read the code using the paperclip method. Anyways, my code was 25 which is Air Fuel Ratio Fault. I cleared the code by pulling the EFI fuse and it hasn't come back. Anyone know what might have caused it?

My LS400 gave the same code when the oxygen sensors went bad. I pulled the EFI fuse, and the light came back about a day later.

Luckily, it was a pretty inexpensive fix. I bought some universal Denso oxygen sensors off eBay for $25.00/pair, cut the connectors off the old ones, and soldered them onto the new ones. By doing it this way, I saved over $100.

It has been over a year since I did this, and they are still working fine.

I used to have a Passat and we did the same thing. The sensor it called for was really expensive, but everyone figured out a way around it. As far as drivability the car is running good. I am going to see if the code comes back. I assume it will.

I got a check engine light on my new to me 1993 Lexus ES300. After reading through the forums I learned how to read the code using the paperclip method. Anyways, my code was 25 which is Air Fuel Ratio Fault. I cleared the code by pulling the EFI fuse and it hasn't come back. Anyone know what might have caused it?

Some car takes 200 miles, just wait........

So do you guys both agree that a code 25 points to the oxygen sensor? If so should I start with one sensor or should I do both?

Thanks

I only replaced the ones upstream of the catalytic conveter. Since your ES has only single exhaust, you probably only have one upstream one. I'd start with that, and then replace the downstream one if the problem isn't fixed.

I wouldn't wait too long to change the upstream one at least. Having a bad oxygen sensor gives you terrible gas mileage, and can eventually damage the catalytic converter. My LS only got about 12MPG when the sensors went out.

Here is a link to an eBay listing for a replacement oxygen sensor. I believe this is for upstream (front) only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-01-Toyot...sspagenameZWDVW

Well just took a look in the engine compartment and what do you know. That upstream oxygen sensor isn't even plugged in. I wonder if they were trying to hide a bad sensor from me. Anyways, I can't find where it plugs into to. I looked for a good 20 minutes with a flashlight and don't see it.

Okay, could someone run out to there es300 and take a picture for me. The oxygen sensor is right in front near the radiator. I basically need to see where it connects to. You could jsut email it to me at mbogosia@comcast.net. Then I can host it.