90k Maintenance Schedules

I have a 01 Gs 300 and my 90k Maintenance Schedule is due soon. By reading all the earlier posts, think i got pretty much everything covered that what needs to be done at 90k service.Here a list of all the parts im planning to replace, need feedback and expert advice if im missing something out or doesnt need to be replaced.

New Timing Belt

New Timing Belt Tensioner Bearing

New Water Pump

Replace Front Ball Joint

Replace Front Tire rods

Replace Steering Rack brushings

Replace Spark Plugs

Replace Diffrential , breaks , Powersteering and Coolant fluids

Transmission Fluid got replaced at 85k

Im thinking to take it to a local mech to get all the major parts replaced. Does anyone have an idea on how much should labor cost? or will Lexus dealer be a betta idea? Need Ur 2 cents on this guys.

i just did my maint in my 2001 gs430 so they similiar except motor........

make sure you change your spark plugs too (sewell lexus's website had the cheapest price on oem plugs) as our cars dont seem to like anyhting but oem plugs! also while your doing the timing belt/water pump do the idler pulley and tensioner. im gonna post a kit from ebay (i bought a kit from this guy for my 2001 gs430 if u dont believe me check his feedback (im on feedback page 18 about 8 people down)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supr...tem260256475468

couldn't find all those parts separately for a cheaper price! dont have to replace the ball joint/tie rods/steering rack bushings JUST check them unless you wanna just replace them! i only payed 400 in labor BUT my friend owns the shop so they cut me a break! i did bring them most the parts.....oh check your 2 make sure your cam seals arent leaking while u in there! hope this helps

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

• 1 month later...

Hi All!

I just got my 2001 GS430 about a month ago and had about 89K miles. I promptly sent it to my mechanic. I have done the following.

1. Alignment

2. Resurface front rotors.

3. Wheels/Tires Balanced (these three actions resulted in the dreaded 60-65MPH shimmy/vibration disappearing)

(these items cost me $300 at the local Firestone)

4. Major fluids replaced i.e. oil, coolant, brake, transmission, differential

5. Air and cabin filter replaced

6. Serpentine belts replaced

(this cost me $200.00, family mechanic)

Next step I believe will be to replace the following:

Spark plugs

Timing belt

I had spoken to lexus and they had said waterpump is a lifetime item and shouldnt need to be replaced. In terms of the timing belt and spark plugs those can wait, at 90K wouldnt be necessary to change. They even told me that the 90K could realistically wait till 110k depending on condition of the belts.

Im going to take it to my family mechanic. So price shouldnt be too crazy.

I hope this post added some information for ya.

yeah no sense in NOT changing the water pump regardless of what they say! labor will be very cheap to do while they doing the timing belt and i don't buy the lifetime on a water pump! although they do say the fuel filter is lifetime and i still dont like that!

brian

• 7 months later...

make sure you change your spark plugs too (sewell lexus's website had the cheapest price on oem plugs) as our cars dont seem to like anyhting but oem plugs! also while your doing the timing belt/water pump do the idler pulley and tensioner. im gonna post a kit from ebay (i bought a kit from this guy for my 2001 gs430 if u dont believe me check his feedback (im on feedback page 18 about 8 people down)

couldn't find all those parts separately for a cheaper price! dont have to replace the ball joint/tie rods/steering rack bushings JUST check them unless you wanna just replace them! i only payed 400 in labor BUT my friend owns the shop so they cut me a break! i did bring them most the parts.....oh check your 2 make sure your cam seals arent leaking while u in there! hope this helps

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

sakatj...the ebay link didnt work...What was in it?

I'm around that 110k mark and am thinking about doing basic tune up things now. tran flush ,plugs, allignment...did all pads and turned rotors,

synthetic tranny fluid? oem plugs are they denso platinum? car holds 6 qts motor oil right?

brian

I'm around that 110k mark and am thinking about doing basic tune up things now. tran flush ,plugs, allignment...did all pads and turned rotors,

synthetic tranny fluid? oem plugs are they denso platinum? car holds 6 qts motor oil right?

Toyota Type IV fluid is the safest bet... I think the plugs should be Denso Iridiums... it should specify in your owners manual... If you have a gs300 its 6qts for engine oil exactly, if you have a 430 i think its 6.4qts, I could be wrong, use the search function to get the exact number. For the 430 timing belt you'll usually need this stuff...

Timing Belt - 13568-09070

Timing Belt Tensioner - 13540-50030

Timing Belt Idler Bearing - 13505-0F010 (Right)

Timig Belt Ilder Bearing - 13503-50011 (Lower Leff) (13503-0F010)

Water Pump - 16100-59275-83 (16100-59275)

Thermostat - 90916-03100

Thermostat Gasket - 16346-50010

Cam Shaft Seal - 90311-71001 x 2 Pieces

Crank Shaft Seal - 90311-A0001 (Front)

yeah its almost a year old link...was a company that sold the timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley, and water pump all in a kit...for CHEAP...

my $0.02...order the plugs direct from sewell...i think i paid 42 for my oem plugs on my 2001 gs430. they are a dealer and offer discounts!