Power Windows Stuck!help!

SmoothRide

So I have my excellent 95 es300, however, when it gets cold the windows are TOTALLY stuck everytime. On my old maxima i'd just give the window a big pound or 3 and it would eventually go down. I dont seem to be having same luck with the es300. Does anyone else run into this problem in cold weather? Any tips? It's not even snowing which makes me nervous for how bad it might be when that happens every day this winter in Chicago

thanks guys - Miles

It happens to me as well. After a little while it will start to work. What i do is turn the heat on high and get the car nice and hot then the windows work. :rolleyes: The little heater vents on the doors are supposed to thaw them i guess, but they do freeze up if the car is not garage kept.

what is happening is the outer seal of the window is freezing solid to the glass...find yourself a flexible plastic scraper and run that down the length of the window or some ice melting spray and use that on it...it happens to my coupe also...it's kind of a pain the butt but it's a small price to pay for having a lexus!

Use silicone lube in a can.Spray the windows adge and rubber weatherstrip . The heat from the car when parked creates moisture and as it cools (usually from being parked outside) it freezes tne rubber to the edge of the window. If you continue to try and use the buttons you will burn the motor and switches out and have to spend a hell of alot to fix them.

Do a lot of Toyota vehicles have window problems? This has not happened to me yet, but I do notice that in the cold the windows are slower. Some of my friends with Toyota and Lexus cars have had them get stuck. Maybe it's something Toyota is working on changing! B)

They do seem to LISTEN to their customers. American car companies would benefit from this, as they do not seem to care about QUALITY... rather QUANTITY so their stocks go up! :rolleyes:

It is not a problem with the car it is a maintance one with the owner.

Most often the owner coes not clean the car properly or at all and dirt sits against the window which scratches off the carpet of the rubber. Thus the moisture can freeze the 2 together.

You also need to periodically clean and lube all the mouldings.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had excellent success with using silicone spray on all of the weatherstripping on my cars. Use it on the window tracks as well and cycle the glass up and down several times to lube the tracks. Wipe the excess off of the glass and your windows will never freeze shut, and your doors will never freeze shut if you do the same with the door, trunk and hood seals. An added bonus is that it will rejuvenate older rubber weatherstripping as well. A few years ago I bought a 71 Mustang convertible and the rain just poured in over the top of the windshield, due to a compressed and hardened top windshield weather strip seal. Repeated sprays with silicone and hand massaging it into the rubber returned it to an almost new like condition. It was amazing to say the least. I now use the stuff on all of my cars in the fall before the winter freezeups to keep them supple and to keep them from freezing to the body.