Unable To Delete Old/add New Phone To Bluetooth

jobyfreddel

I have an 07 ES and had been using the Bluetooth with my old cellphone for 14 months with no problem. It would auto connect, transfer from nav to phone and back again with no problems. I got a new phone last Monday and since I knew I wouldn't be using my old phone anymore, I decided to delete the registration of that phone (and another different phone that was also registered). I successfully deleted both of the old phones and also successfully registered the new phone. The system recognized the model number and it was the only phone listed. I received a call, dialed out with no problems. The next morning, when I started the car, I got the message "connection not successful." I checked the settings in the nav system, BOTH of the old phones were back and the new one was gone... I tried it again, deleting both of the old ones, and successfully registered the new one again, drove to work. Hours later, jumped back in the car, same thing, both old phones are back, new one is gone. Did this ~10 times now, can't get it to stick but kept doing it as I did still need to use it in the mean time.

I took it to the dealer twice. One time a Service Rep did the same thing I did, the second time a tech came out and did the same thing I did. Both times, the old phones did stay deleted but this was only when I restarted the system after 30 secs. When the car was stopped for an extended period of time, the old phones came back. The Service Rep was saying it could be because the phone may not be compatible, but that doesn't make sense to me. Phone compatibility shouldn't cause old profiles come back after being deleted.

I'm going to have to drop the car off so they can take a thorough look at it, but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced anything like this.

I do not have an answer to your problem because I also am experiencing the same issue. My old phone is a Motorola and my new phone is a Motorola. Interested to hear about a fix to the problem. Sorry I couldn't help but am all ears.

Navsafe

Well, I dropped my car off yesterday afternoon. Apparently they have to order a special part for the nav system and it will need to be replaced. Thankfully, warranty will cover it.

Unfortunately, I have to be away from my baby for 3 days but at least they gave me another ES as a loaner. The last time I had extended service, it was a different dealer and they gave me a Kia SUV as the loaner (they have an Enterprise rental desk in the service dept and that's all they had.)

I'll update once they replace the part.

The Service Rep was saying it could be because the phone may not be compatible, but that doesn't make sense to me. Phone compatibility shouldn't cause old profiles come back after being deleted.

don't you love it when they try to make up explanations for problems with the car?

Glad to hear that it's covered under warranty. Let us know which part they replace. Maybe it's the bluetooth module itself?

The Service Rep was saying it could be because the phone may not be compatible, but that doesn't make sense to me. Phone compatibility shouldn't cause old profiles come back after being deleted.

don't you love it when they try to make up explanations for problems with the car?

Glad to hear that it's covered under warranty. Let us know which part they replace. Maybe it's the bluetooth module itself?

Yep, phone compatibility has as much to do it with as much as the air in your tires has to do with it!!! It's a bug in the system somewhere, sounds more like a software problem than a hardware problem. I don't know how they would update the software, maybe by reflashing a module or replacing the whole module... Hopefully this "part" replacement works.

They were a bit more specific when I stopped by today. They are going to replace the "nav display" because "there's a connection that is bad." I questioned on why the display would need to be replaced. I'm far from being an expert, but that still doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand what the display has to do with the deletion/storage of the Bluetooth profiles. I was told, "don't worry about it, he (service tech) does it all the time, he knows what he's doing." I will be stopping by tomorrow to talk to my service rep to get a little better clarification.

They were a bit more specific when I stopped by today. They are going to replace the "nav display" because "there's a connection that is bad." I questioned on why the display would need to be replaced. I'm far from being an expert, but that still doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand what the display has to do with the deletion/storage of the Bluetooth profiles. I was told, "don't worry about it, he (service tech) does it all the time, he knows what he's doing." I will be stopping by tomorrow to talk to my service rep to get a little better clarification.

Sounds like taking a hammer to drive in a thumb tack, but if it fixes the problem and you don't have to pay a red cent, then cool!

• 2 years later...