Glare From Shifter Console Assembly

jig50

I'm suprised that no one else has mentioned this one. There is a lot of glare bouncing off the shiny wood and "chrome" bezel around the transmission center console shift assembly. During daytime hours, I have gone to placing a hat over the shifter to stop the glare from blinding me. Granted, I don't wear sun glasses, but I have had the windows tinted. At some point, I will probably ask my wife to make up some kind of doily to fit around the shifter. I can't believe that Toyota let this one get thru (actually, that was a dumb remark).

This sounds weird. I get just beautiful shine. Nothing at all that bothers me, no glare.

How tall are you? I am 6 1" just wondering if height makes a difference.

When I took my car in for service they gave me a ES350 loaner to drive. On the way back to work I had the same experience the sun reflected off the console and would blind me. I drove the rest of the way with my hand resting on the shifter to block the glare. I guess the sun has to be in the right spot for it to happen. Funny you mention that cause I had forgotten all about it.

rjt65 I'm 6'1" also.

There are some moments, when the sun is at a certain height, and the car is in that certain direction, and the stars all line up (I know, it's during the day), there is glare that comes off of there. But it does not last long that everything is aligned just perfect for that to happen, at least for me. I am 6'1" as well.