Car Wont Come Out Of Park

lexfourcam

so yesterday i was driving my car and it was runnin a ok just fine and then when i put it back into my garage and came back out later that day and tried to go somewhere it wouldnt shift the button on the shifter wouldnt go all the way in. i tried using the shiftlock release but it didnt work ne ideas? 94 ls400

Besides your button possibly being jammed, the problem might be your stop light switch which is mounted on the brake pedal bracket. It sends a signal to the ecu that the brakes have been applied in order to allow shifting of the lever.

so yesterday i was driving my car and it was runnin a ok just fine and then when i put it back into my garage and came back out later that day and tried to go somewhere it wouldnt shift the button on the shifter wouldnt go all the way in. i tried using the shiftlock release but it didnt work ne ideas? 94 ls400

In the early models you had to use a small object, say a flat blade screwdriver and press down really hard on the shift lock release if the brake light circuit solenoid doesn't release it automatically.

thanks for the info guys will look at it today. but i also found out the other nite i had a party at my house my asswhole friends spilled beer all on my console where the *BLEEP*in shifter is! im pretty sure that coulda *BLEEP*ed it up

well i took the cover off the shifter, and the button to unlock the shifter wasnt working i saw where it pushed that white latch and just did it myself and bingo i can go ne where now thanks alot guys the info was greatly appreciated.