18" G-spyders & Michelin Pilot Sports

Its 8am on a saturday morning and here I sit patiently awaiting the balancing and mounting of my graphite G-Spyder wheels.

Thank god for free cappacino, bagels and cream cheese. I'm bored.......can you tel.

Pictures to follow later today.

steviej

Its 8am on a saturday morning and here I sit patiently awaiting the balancing and mounting of my graphite G-Spyder wheels.

Thank god for free cappacino, bagels and cream cheese. I'm bored.......can you tel.

Pictures to follow later today.

steviej

If Lexus is doing the install,you're paying plenty for the cappuccino,bagels and cream cheese. :P :D

If Lexus is doing the install,you're paying plenty for the cappuccino,bagels and cream cheese. :P :D

Lexus had to do the install, at least the first time, it is the only way the second set of TPMS sensors would get programmed.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...
Steve,

How do you like those Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires?

Sweet looking ride btw.....got any other pics?

:cheers:

I like them very much. Very smooth and quiet. Haven't had any substantial rain to try them in and they won't be on for the snow. Dry traction is awesome.

They are a 245 so it takes some getting used to. At this width, the steering is influenced by every curvature and imperfection of the horrible New England roads. More pictures are forthcoming as soon as I remount the roof spoiler. The sticky tape that came with it didn't hold. I should have it back on this Sunday.

steviej

• 2 months later...

Those Spyders look great! I actually wanted those on my IS, but I was already spending a bunch of cash as it was. Is that a satelite radio antenae on the side of the trunk? Why did they put that there? I would agree with gs350cruz and say tint the windows and then move that reciever to the window or someplace alot less noticable.

And have you thought about painting your brake calipers? That would really help set off those new rims. Maybe paint them gloss black and put white Lexus emblems on them? Or you could paint them the same color as the car and put black emblems on there, or bright red to give it that race ready look? LOL!!! I somehow don't think that would suit you though. And of course I would get coilovers and drop the car so the tires fill up the tire wells a bit more. I think we had a discussion before where you mentioned the road conditions where you live are not that great, so maybe do a subtle drop rather than slam it.

Car looks good though. The rear visor look is a great touch.

Those Spyders look great!

Thank you.

Is that a satelite radio antenae on the side of the trunk? Why did they put that there?

yep. That's where they put it in 2006 and that is what it looked like. My aunt owned it previously, I don't know if they gave here a choice when it was installed. I think they went to shark fin in 2007 or 2008. Mostly would be too much of a bother to move it now. It doesn't phase me.

And have you thought about painting your brake calipers? That would really help set off those new rims. Maybe paint them gloss black and put white Lexus emblems on them? Or you could paint them the same color as the car and put black emblems on there, or bright red to give it that race ready look? LOL!!! I somehow don't think that would suit you though.

ahhh look close at the first picture my friend. That was the first mod I did. I don't like rusty dusty calipers. I went with black and silver LOC Lexus logos. Lookl close at the first picture of the front wheel.

And of course I would get coilovers and drop the car so the tires fill up the tire wells a bit more. I think we had a discussion before where you mentioned the road conditions where you live are not that great, so maybe do a subtle drop rather than slam it.

I'm gonna leave the suspension alone. I don't know if it will alter the AWD performance in the winter and that, to me, is more important. It is always a thought though.

Car looks good though. The rear visor look is a great touch.

thanks again. Fabulous Eyelines are the next mod.

steviej

hi stevie! I just have a question that do you paint the color for the CarsonTuned Roof Spoiler?

yeah, the spoiler comes bare black ABS plastic. Take it to a good body shop and give them your paint code (on driver's door jam). Shouldn't be more than $100.

steviej

Does the roof spoiler do anything or is it for looks? Just curious.

I bought it all for looks.

However, I have actually found that the roof spoiler on this generation of the GS actually helps shed the water off the rear window.

Without the spoiler, the wind flow would not clear the rain off the window well. For some reason, with the spoiler, it the redirected windflow helps clear the rain off the rear window little better now.

steviej