Problem: Ls430 -vsc,pcs,cel & Trac Light!

Law

Car: '04 LS430 Ultra Luxury

Mods: Datasystem Air ride controller

Please pay close attention to the days/timeline listed as this could get confusing ;)

Keep in mind that this happened w/ my Datasystem height setting controller on NORMAL MODE , so the car was at stock height. (it may also be important to note that a day before all of this happened, I left my ignition in "accessory" the Friday night before and drained the battery so it had to get jump started the following Saturday morning.)

On father's day(Sunday), I hit a protruding manhole in the road due to construction and immediately my a warning to check my PSC appeared. It stayed on for the remainder of the day and I made plans to bring it into the dealer that following Friday. The next day(Monday) the light dissappeared and would occasionally come back.

The day after THAT (Tuesday), in addition to the PSC, a warning to check my VSC appeared along with the Check Engine Light and 'TRAC OFF' light.

On the days leading up to my scheduled dealership service for Friday, the lights would periodically come on and off.

The day I brought it into the Lexus dealer (my friend and fellow enthusiast is a cert. tech and the car is still under warranty) he attributed the Datasystem AIR Suspension controller as a possible culprit, stating that it could interfering with the speed sensor which could throw some lights. I've had this controller on my car for about two months with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, so strange that any problems should appear RIGHT AFTER hitting the manhole.

I mentioned the fact that I drained the battery a couple nights prior to the incident b/c i've heard of a weak batter messing with the electronic sensors on LS430's. I've also noticed that one of the mirrors folds a little slower than the other when shutting off the car and when I'm on bluetooth, the phone number that shows up on the navi flickers now and then. Could the battery be the culprit? But shouldn't the battery be recharged from the alternator...especially after about a week?

Has anyone w/ an LS430 had this many lights come on at once?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Car: '04 LS430 Ultra Luxury

Mods: Datasystem Air ride controller

Please pay close attention to the days/timeline listed as this could get confusing ;)

Keep in mind that this happened w/ my Datasystem height setting controller on NORMAL MODE , so the car was at stock height. (it may also be important to note that a day before all of this happened, I left my ignition in "accessory" the Friday night before and drained the battery so it had to get jump started the following Saturday morning.)

On father's day(Sunday), I hit a protruding manhole in the road due to construction and immediately my a warning to check my PSC appeared. It stayed on for the remainder of the day and I made plans to bring it into the dealer that following Friday. The next day(Monday) the light dissappeared and would occasionally come back.

The day after THAT (Tuesday), in addition to the PSC, a warning to check my VSC appeared along with the Check Engine Light and 'TRAC OFF' light.

On the days leading up to my scheduled dealership service for Friday, the lights would periodically come on and off.

The day I brought it into the Lexus dealer (my friend and fellow enthusiast is a cert. tech and the car is still under warranty) he attributed the Datasystem AIR Suspension controller as a possible culprit, stating that it could interfering with the speed sensor which could throw some lights. I've had this controller on my car for about two months with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, so strange that any problems should appear RIGHT AFTER hitting the manhole.

I mentioned the fact that I drained the battery a couple nights prior to the incident b/c i've heard of a weak batter messing with the electronic sensors on LS430's. I've also noticed that one of the mirrors folds a little slower than the other when shutting off the car and when I'm on bluetooth, the phone number that shows up on the navi flickers now and then. Could the battery be the culprit? But shouldn't the battery be recharged from the alternator...especially after about a week?

Has anyone w/ an LS430 had this many lights come on at once?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

The only "light" you should be interested in, focussed on, initially, is the CEL, all the others are simply defaults with the CEL on.

The VSC "alone" could very well be the result of a stearing system misalignment from the manhole cover. If the stearing wheel isn't centered when the vehicle is going straight forward.....

And a "weak" battery can/will most definitely result in random faults "popping" up, sometimes many all simultaneously.

With the first sign of that kind I almost always swap in a battery from one of our other vehicles and if that solves the problem it time for a trip to Costco....

Your VSC is tied to your transmission and drive train. If your VSC and TRAC OFF lights are on you could have jarred the relays loose or even out if you hit that hard.

Check the relays, pull them out and put them back. If the lights stay on, drive your car and try and spin the tires, if the controller takes over and stops the tire spin, then you know it is on and working then you may have a sensor issue regarding the VSC.

On my 98 LS, I had the starter replaced, they told me my VSC light was on and they couldn't figure out how to fix it. When I got inthe car and started it, the light was, the button was in, to indicate it should be off, I pushed the button off then on again to turn the VSC ON, and the light went out. I don't have traction control on my car, well to me VSC is traction control. When my VSC is on and I spin the tires the engine boggs down until the tires grab again and then it slowly comes back to life.