Power Steering/white Smoke?

devious623

after replacing my power steering pump,fill the resevoir and turn the car on to get the air out of the line,there is a puff of white smoke coming out of the tailpipes like i was in a magic show :o !!!!it happens when i start the car in the morning or in a parking lot after sitting for awhile!!i dont know if i have a vacuum hose on wrong or what????? can someone help me out!your suggestions would be helpful!thank you? :)

Yes, you have the famous air control valve problem, I believe. Costs about 80 bucks, you can get it at Toyota or online. You can install it underneath without removing the pump. Lots of posts about the ACV here-do a search. Sure solved my disappearing power fluid problem. Good luck.

Yes, you have the famous air control valve problem, I believe. Costs about 80 bucks, you can get it at Toyota or online. You can install it underneath without removing the pump. Lots of posts about the ACV here-do a search. Sure solved my disappearing power fluid problem. Good luck.

i have a question?i found a tutorial on lexls.com where i can do without the acv valve and replaced it with a screw(same size)with rtv silicone on the threads!will that solve my white smoke?disappearing fluid problems?? :(

Yes you can do that.

All the ACV does is increase the power steering effect at low speeds and decrease it at higher cruising speeds so you get a better feel of the steering and road.