Brake Pads And Shims

where would be the best place, pricewise, to order new OEM front brake pads AND SHIMS?

(not sure what happened to the old pad shims but that is key)

i guess one question should be, are the front pads supposed to have shims?

where would be the best place, pricewise, to order new OEM front brake pads AND SHIMS?

it appears that the front pads may not require shims and it also appears that the pads available are aftermarket.

where do you go for toyota/lexus pads?

it appears that the front pads may not require shims and it also appears that the pads available are aftermarket.

where do you go for toyota/lexus pads?

does anyone know a member on here that might be able to help me with this?

i think the front pads are semi-metallic or ceramic or something! do some leg work and goolge it. are you looking for oem pads or after market? u just need pads or rotors too? im thinking of using hawks next brake change i do but im really considering the supra tt brake swap soon! more stuff available after i do that swap! so like i said what specifically are you looking for?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

i think the front pads are semi-metallic or ceramic or something! do some leg work and goolge it. are you looking for oem pads or after market? u just need pads or rotors too? im thinking of using hawks next brake change i do but im really considering the supra tt brake swap soon! more stuff available after i do that swap! so like i said what specifically are you looking for?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

i have a squealing problem on a 99 gs300( front). it has aftermarket pads. this weekend i put brake lube on the back of the pads and contact points with no help so i am going to install the shims which are not there.

if that doesn't fix it then i will put oem pads and see if that cures it.

why were you suspended?

if the pads you have on the front aren't ceramic or semi-metallic like they supposed to be,you gonna have to resurface the rotors too.....the dumb dumb i bought my car from threw some cheap pads on when i got it and 2 days l8r they had to come off...........i dunno if i have any shims on mine, never noticed them! lol.....i'll pm u that <_< , i mean i would hate to get suspended again :whistles: :lol: :lol:

brian

Does the presence of the shims affect the distance between the support plates and the rotor? I had calipers (along with pads and rotors)

replaced recently and there was a squealing when not applying the brakes. It turned out that one of the support plates (they look more

like little spring clips to me) was in contact with the rotor at all times. They eventually ground down the clip a bit but I think it will again

contact the rotor when the pad wears. It appears to me that if the shims were present the pad would be closer to the rotor with respect

to the clip and thus the clip would never touch. Is the GS300 break system particularly unusual such that this might not be obvious to a

generic shop?