1996 Ls 400 Headlights

jasonmckinley

Possibly last post for me on this car... I have someone wanting to buy it with a question- when looking at the car, on the outside of the headlights, are those actual lights or just there to complete the look of the headlights? They aren't turn signals (they're at the bottom) and they don't come on with the headlights or with the parking lights. It's been like this since I had the car, but I've never wondered if there were bulbs in there that were burned out. Thanks, now I'll be posting questions on my 2004 LS 430.

they are corner lights and they do have a bulb, very easy to take off and change. not sure why yours didnt come up, lets hope that the bulbs are bad.

Possibly last post for me on this car... I have someone wanting to buy it with a question- when looking at the car, on the outside of the headlights, are those actual lights or just there to complete the look of the headlights? They aren't turn signals (they're at the bottom) and they don't come on with the headlights or with the parking lights. It's been like this since I had the car, but I've never wondered if there were bulbs in there that were burned out. Thanks, now I'll be posting questions on my 2004 LS 430.

For some reason the factory selected/supplied/dealer parts bulbs for these corner lights have a very short life time, even the closely equivalent ones you can purchase at radio shack. My guess is that to much heat is being generated for the packaging.

I finally gave up and use a LED replacement that is not quite as bright and has only a slight bluish tint.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my 95.Took both lenses off and replaced both bulbs.Also bought new lenses off ebay to replace the tired ones that were cracked in a few places.Looks great from the outside but corner lights still don;t work.Getting tired of fixing this used one that I bought a few months ago so I am letting it sit and will get to it when I am in a better frame of mind.