Bluetooth Audio On 2006 Rx330?

jgoodman

im considering this car and I'm wondering if the bluetooth audio emanates from the main audio system and is subject to all the controls,eq, etc any other audio would be? I want to stream internet radio from my cell phone over bluetooth to the car's audio system, as well as using the phone features of the bluetooth system in the car.

Has anyone tried this with success? I searched the forums but couldnt find info on this specific item. Currently I do it with a tape adapter in my 2001 RX300 but I long for a wireless solution.

Thanks in advance!

John in LA

im considering this car and I'm wondering if the bluetooth audio emanates from the main audio system and is subject to all the controls,eq, etc any other audio would be? I want to stream internet radio from my cell phone over bluetooth to the car's audio system, as well as using the phone features of the bluetooth system in the car.

Has anyone tried this with success? I searched the forums but couldnt find info on this specific item. Currently I do it with a tape adapter in my 2001 RX300 but I long for a wireless solution.

Thanks in advance!

John in LA

My wife has an 06, and I can say safely that the bluetooth will work only out of ONE speaker (the driver side). So as long as you don't mind your music in mono (yeah, right)...

I am assuming you are talking about an 06 with NAV as the standard audio does not do bluetooth. Also the bluetooth in the 06 is funky, it may or may not bind with another bluetooth device. I know it works (kind of) with a Moto Razar. I would at the minimum try binding your device to an 06 before you buy it.

Good luck.

nc

• 11 years later...

3/25/2020 - I just bought a used 2006 RX 330 and I have paired my phone with the bluetooth.  When I make a call, I can barely understand who I called because the speaker has a terrible echo/static sound to the recipient's voice which makes conversation barely understandable.  Changing the volume helps very little.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!