Toy-lex Replacement Keys

B-n-B

Hi All,

I have one master key for my 2003 and it's cracked (seems to be the standard failure mode), so I've been using the valet key. I ordered both a new shell (to move the guts of my existing master into) and a replacement master from www.toy-lex.com about a week and a half ago. I have emailed them twice about when I might expect the new keys and I'm not getting a response (my online order status says "processing"). Has anybody used them? How long does it usually take for the keys to arrive?

Thanks a bunch!

Just a quick follow-up. The keys were delivered certified mail on the 27th (about 2 weeks after I ordered). I'm very happy. I started with one cracked master key (had to be very careful turning the car on), and ended up with 2 fully programmed and working master keys (ordered one new master, and a new shell and moved the 'guts' over) -- for less than the dealer wanted to charge me for 1 new key.

Programming was very easy following the instructions on the website, though I did have to go through the remote programming a few times until I held the key in the right place (up by the sunroof controls) for the final step to work. Can't believe the dealer wanted to charge me $90 for the 5 minutes it took me. It helped having 2 people, one to put the key in and out and one to open and close the door (and to have the timer for the 2-second / 1-second button presses at the end).

No complaints ... toy-lex.com did a great job.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick follow-up. The keys were delivered certified mail on the 27th (about 2 weeks after I ordered). I'm very happy. I started with one cracked master key (had to be very careful turning the car on), and ended up with 2 fully programmed and working master keys (ordered one new master, and a new shell and moved the 'guts' over) -- for less than the dealer wanted to charge me for 1 new key.

Programming was very easy following the instructions on the website, though I did have to go through the remote programming a few times until I held the key in the right place (up by the sunroof controls) for the final step to work. Can't believe the dealer wanted to charge me $90 for the 5 minutes it took me. It helped having 2 people, one to put the key in and out and one to open and close the door (and to have the timer for the 2-second / 1-second button presses at the end).

No complaints ... toy-lex.com did a great job.

Try www.ikeyless.com Got mine for $84.90 with shipping and I programed it myself and had local locksmith cut it for me. (Free) Got it in 3 days

• 7 months later...

I would STAY AWAY from TOY-LEX. I ordered a new shell with electronics for my 2004 ES330.. and the shell broke in 4 days (the screw got stripped and won't stay together now). The loop part where you attach to keychain broke 5 days later. VERY CHEAP! I contacted the toy-lex people by email and phone.. and they will not respond... I'm trying BBB or something now.. these guys should not be in business.

I would STAY AWAY from TOY-LEX. I ordered a new shell with electronics for my 2004 ES330.. and the shell broke in 4 days (the screw got stripped and won't stay together now). The loop part where you attach to keychain broke 5 days later. VERY CHEAP! I contacted the toy-lex people by email and phone.. and they will not respond... I'm trying BBB or something now.. these guys should not be in business.

Sewell in Dallas also has good keys. They will cut them for you for free if you give them the VIN number and they seem to be good quality.