Xm Sat Antenna

mario1234

I have an 07' GX470 that has a button under the cassette player "AM/SAT". I also have a small 4" black rubber antenna on the roof near the back door. I am wondering how equipped this vehicle is when it says that it is Satellite ready. The truck also has Lexus Link so I'm not sure if the antenna could be for that.

I called my dealership today and they quoted me $800 installed for XM radio. It seems very steap to me. I have been checking around online and have found a product from Vais Technology that seems like it will do the same job for $260.

Can anyone offer some advice.

thanks,

mario

I have an 07' GX470 that has a button under the cassette player "AM/SAT". I also have a small 4" black rubber antenna on the roof near the back door. I am wondering how equipped this vehicle is when it says that it is Satellite ready. The truck also has Lexus Link so I'm not sure if the antenna could be for that.

I called my dealership today and they quoted me $800 installed for XM radio. It seems very steap to me. I have been checking around online and have found a product from Vais Technology that seems like it will do the same job for $260.

thanks,

mario

First of all Welcome and Congrats on the GX!

The rubber duckie antenna you see is for the Lexus Link.

The GX comes "satellite radio ready" meaning that it doesnt have satellite radio in it yet, but the stereo is designed for a satellite radio system which you need to purchase. If you find one from Vais Technology, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. Vais Technology makes good stereo equipment which are compatible for any Lexus model (just make sure you buy the one for the GX)

Any more questions, feel free to post it! ;)

thanks,

mario

The GX comes "satellite radio ready" meaning that it doesnt have satellite radio in it yet, but the stereo is designed for a satellite radio system which you need to purchase. If you find one from Vais Technology, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. Vais Technology makes good stereo equipment which are compatible for any Lexus model (just make sure you buy the one for the GX)

Thanks for the response. I did order the XMkit from Vais Technologies. I purchased the GX 470 from a doctor who already had the Vais iPod interface installed and I love the way it works so I figured the XM setup must be good from them as well. I tried a portable XM radio with wires everywhere for a few days just to see what it would be like but I couldnt bring myself to have this things screwed to the dash. the Vais system seems to emulate throught the Nav radio in my GX so I like that concept. It came to $275 vs. $945 that my dealer quoted me and the beauty of it is it uses a mini tuner that is the size of a memory card that can be removed from the truck and used in my XM ready home receiver. It's the best of both worlds, pay for one subscription and use it in the truck or home.

Anyway, I test drove a GX470 in 04' when the were released here in Canada and have wanted one ever since. I could never justify the cost. With the strength of our Canadian dollar nowadays I was able to purchase this 07 GX470 fully loaded from Atlanta Georgia for about $20,000 less than here so it was an easy decission. I just love this truck and cant believe the ride in it. Other than the "clunk" in the driveshaft it's perfect. I have it going in next week for that.

Take Care...

Mario

thanks,

mario

Thanks for the response. I did order the XMkit from Vais Technologies. I purchased the GX 470 from a doctor who already had the Vais iPod interface installed and I love the way it works so I figured the XM setup must be good from them as well. I tried a portable XM radio with wires everywhere for a few days just to see what it would be like but I couldnt bring myself to have this things screwed to the dash. the Vais system seems to emulate throught the Nav radio in my GX so I like that concept. It came to $275 vs. $945 that my dealer quoted me and the beauty of it is it uses a mini tuner that is the size of a memory card that can be removed from the truck and used in my XM ready home receiver. It's the best of both worlds, pay for one subscription and use it in the truck or home.

Anyway, I test drove a GX470 in 04' when the were released here in Canada and have wanted one ever since. I could never justify the cost. With the strength of our Canadian dollar nowadays I was able to purchase this 07 GX470 fully loaded from Atlanta Georgia for about $20,000 less than here so it was an easy decission. I just love this truck and cant believe the ride in it. Other than the "clunk" in the driveshaft it's perfect. I have it going in next week for that.

Take Care...

Mario

Good call on the XM Mario.

I did the factory install deal for $800+ and find it less then stellar. The Audivox after market unit that I installed in my GTP was waaaay better. I could pause music, use the number pad to direct dial a station, use split screens etc. It cost me $79 and was light years ahead of the one Lexus installs. The Lexus unit dosen't even display the entire song name. It only uses half the screen of the nav and you can't pause music.

G