Repaired Ac/ Now Very Cool When Cold Out. When Hot Out Air Is Barely C

newlexman

Hey guys,

I had a friend work on my air. We replaced compressor with reman, expansion valve, ac drier, and condensor. First I had it checked for leaks. He checked with dye to make sure we had no leaks. Made sure we were clear of r12 and we are doing 134a.

For some reason, it is very cold in the evening when the temp is lower(60-70), but when its hot in the day(85- 100), it seems to not get cold enough to make the car comfortable. I turned the car from heat to cold and they both work, also seems you can here the blend door changing over.

He hot wired the condensor fans because they were not coming on so now they stay on when the car is on. Also when the air on, the car idles up a notch on the rpms noticebly.

Is this how it is suppose to work. And is there any suggestions to check to see what is wrong with the cool. With all new equipment i would think this thing should run magnificently.

Hey guys,

I had a friend work on my air. We replaced compressor with reman, expansion valve, ac drier, and condensor. First I had it checked for leaks. He checked with dye to make sure we had no leaks. Made sure we were clear of r12 and we are doing 134a.

For some reason, it is very cold in the evening when the temp is lower(60-70), but when its hot in the day(85- 100), it seems to not get cold enough to make the car comfortable. I turned the car from heat to cold and they both work, also seems you can here the blend door changing over.

He hot wired the condensor fans because they were not coming on so now they stay on when the car is on. Also when the air on, the car idles up a notch on the rpms noticebly.

Is this how it is suppose to work. And is there any suggestions to check to see what is wrong with the cool. With all new equipment i would think this thing should run magnificently.

You can see, watch, the blend door position, positioning, cycling, via watching the movement of the coolant control valve in the engine compartment at the top center of the firewall. There is a push/pull cable that comes through the firewall, non-visible end is attached to the blend vane/door servomotor.

I always remove the push/pull cable from the HOT water flow control valve during the summer and tie-wrap the water flow valve TIGHTLY shut.

Need to know the preasures of low/high.

Did you put the correct amount of oil?

And finally were the fans working before you did the work, if so you shouldn't need to hot wire them, also it's not recomended because your not letting the engine come up to operating temp.

Sounds to me your just a little short of r134.

Need to know the preasures of low/high.

Did you put the correct amount of oil?

And finally were the fans working before you did the work, if so you shouldn't need to hot wire them, also it's not recomended because your not letting the engine come up to operating temp.

Sounds to me your just a little short of r134.

I dont know the pressure, but the guy was pretty knowledgeble who put it in about high side low side pressure. we put a used compressor on and he had to take it off because of the low , high thing. He said he made sure he put oil and i think 5 cans of freon in all. It must be a bit of knowledge on something he is missing that would solve this final issues. Can the hotwired fans be causing this. I believe the fans worked before. I bought the car with the air not working. at one time we put 134 a in it it was cold for two days then it was cold no more.

If he put 5 cans in that 1 lb. per can if it's the small cans so it would total to 5 lbs. That's a bit to much.

Go to any auto parts store and get a A/C fill hose with a gauge, they are not that expensive.

I was wrong, he put 3 cans in. ALso i was just driving and it started to make a wierd noise as if something was trying to get through somewhere every coupl of seconds. I turned off the air , and a burst of smoke came from under the hood. then i turned it on and it came on again. It did it about 15 minutes later again. I turned it off. ?????????? This air is driving me insane.

Thats the high side relief vavle opening. When preasure on the high side goes through the roof it opens so that nothing else blows up. Again the fans or incorrect amount of gas.

Take it to a A/C mechanic to have the whole system checked and to make the fans work corretly.

Sorry I wish I could help more.