The Joy Of Life With A Ls400

akewlguy

Just wanted to say after 3 years I love my LS400. Yesterday I had to drive a friends new car and it was terrible.... What a terrible experience to bring back the fact that my car is awesome! Today I got a few nice compliments from people who think my 93 is awesome! My only problem is the sound system. I need to get a new system... Any suggestions.. MP3 with amp and all new speakers?

Recently just bought a Certified '02 Acura 3.5 RL, after I crashed my '92 LS400, that is. The RL is pretty darn close to an LS in terms of build quality and luxury features, but it's not a LS :( . The most significant difference is noise. The RL is whisper quiet, but my old LS is almost dead silent. At 75mph, my LS rpms at 2,300 RPM, but the RL rpms at a whooping 3,000 RPM, getting a MPG of roughly 22 on a V6, while my LS gets an MPG of 25 on a V8. The 1uz-fe is truely a world class engine indeed.

WELL...WELL...WELL....LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN!

How goes life Chris? LONG TIME = NO HEAR AMIGO! Glad to see you're still alive my friend! We were about to send DCFish on an expedition to find you!

Newbies....allow me to be the first to intoduce you to one of the ole' schoolers...akewlguy :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Recently just bought a Certified '02 Acura 3.5 RL, after I crashed my '92 LS400, that is. The RL is pretty darn close to an LS in terms of build quality and luxury features, but it's not a LS :( . The most significant difference is noise. The RL is whisper quiet, but my old LS is almost dead silent. At 75mph, my LS rpms at 2,300 RPM, but the RL rpms at a whooping 3,000 RPM, getting a MPG of roughly 22 on a V6, while my LS gets an MPG of 25 on a V8. The 1uz-fe is truely a world class engine indeed.

Hey Flanker, I remember you as a fellow resident of the Lehigh Valley. Sorry to hear about the LS. It had to be heart breaking to wreck your car. No question about it, the RL is a decent car, but not quite on par with the LS.

Hey Flanker, I remember you as a fellow resident of the Lehigh Valley. Sorry to hear about the LS. It had to be heart breaking to wreck your car. No question about it, the RL is a decent car, but not quite on par with the LS.

Hi GKLCPA, its nice to hear from you again. Yes I wrecked my LS on a cold February night while driving home from NYC. You know how the weather was like in Lehigh Valley back in February ;)

As with the RL, I just wanted to try something different this time. Its definitely not on par with the LS, but the price is much more attractive and you get a lot of a car for the money. I just wanted something newer with fewer mileage and more modern safey options. The RL will serve as a "bridge car" until I'm financially sound enough to go back to being a Lexus owner

Hi GKLCPA, its nice to hear from you again. Yes I wrecked my LS on a cold February night while driving home from NYC. You know how the weather was like in Lehigh Valley back in February ;)

As with the RL, I just wanted to try something different this time. Its definitely not on par with the LS, but the price is much more attractive and you get a lot of a car for the money. I just wanted something newer with fewer mileage and more modern safey options. The RL will serve as a "bridge car" until I'm financially sound enough to go back to being a Lexus owner

Yeah, I hear you. It's important to watch those dollars particularly if you're in school and especially at Lehigh. Best of luck with your new ride.