Gs400 Trunk Lid Not Opening W Remote

:blink:

Can't imagine what the problem is. Sometimes it works fine, other times I have to use the key to manually open the trunk. Remote button always works for the doors even from far away. Only works for trunk about one in 4 times. Is there a separate receiver/sensor for the trunk?

Unlikely to be key because its a new battery and works fine for the doors.

Any ideas? Any idea where I can check to see if there is something interfering with the receiver?

Jeff

• 3 years later...

I have a similar issue... :wacko: mine has a led that flashes whenever a button is pushed. My trunk remote only works when i have left the car locked for a spell... return and use the trunk button before unlocking the doors. Two flashes and click. But if I unlock the doors first the led still flashes twice when I hit the trunk button, but it won't open. I get the same result with both keys. :cries:

If anyone has a solution or idea, please post. :cheers:

Thanks!

P.S. 1998 GS400.. First time Lexus owner and very happy I made the move. GS - Such a solid car, WOW! 8)

Had a similar issue with my Dad's GS400.

I had taken it to an electrician, and he found the wire that connected to the popper, ( the thing that pops up the trunk ) to be loose from the housing. I'd have it checked out =]

Thanks for the reply. I guess that could be. It goes against my current train of thought... it works perfectly.. in the right situation, but in cirtian circumstances it will not work at all. If it were a short I would think that it would be much more random. but hey, what do I know. Sometimes I need a :chairshot: to wake me up. If I had it figured out I wouldn't need help.

Thanks.. All comments welcome. Well... close to all. comments like "and you're ugly too!" I could do without. B)