Non-dealer Maintenance, Los Angeles

Does anybody know of a reliable, competent shop for routine maintenance in the west Los Angeles area? I am fed up with the outrageous prices at the dealer for routine maintenace of my RX400h. I never use dealers for my other cars, but the hybrid is different, and I am looking for a competent shop.

alot of lexus owners use toyota dealerships, in the northwest it is the same synthetic blend oil and toyota filter. some toyota dealerships run oil change specials, and of course they have hybrid trained techs there for the highlander hybrid. they are usually more than half the price less, and there are many more of them to choose from. of course you probably wont have turkey sandwiches at lunch and fresh baked cookies available at the toyota dealership. (and you probably wont miss them) i would keep the records of all non dealer maintenance incase you have a warranty issue. my lexus dealer developed a $75.00 oil filter and battery check charge for me as long as they dont rotate tires or clean the vehicle. You might build a relationship with one of the service managers and see what is possible.

I agree with using a Toyota dealer as much as possible. Much cheaper and they routinely maintain Highlander Hybrids.

Lexus service really is a rip-off. For example, if you add up what you are actually paying Lexus for tire rotations, you would save money by not rotating them and simply buying new tires more frequently.

Thank you. My Lexus dealer, with chandeliers in the office and expansive (and expensive) facilities wanted $130 for an oil change! Just an oil change! Somebody has to pay for all that leather furniture and elaborate accoutrements.

Are there no independents who have acquired knowledge to care for hybrids yet?

Thank you. My Lexus dealer, with chandeliers in the office and expansive (and expensive) facilities wanted $130 for an oil change! Just an oil change! Somebody has to pay for all that leather furniture and elaborate accoutrements.

Are there no independents who have acquired knowledge to care for hybrids yet?

The normal maintenance I believe you are referring to all pertains to the non-hybrid components of the vehicle and therefore requires no specific knowledge of or experience with hybrid vehicles. Take it to any mechanic you may have reason to trust. I can find no components or systems that make up the hybrid function of the car that require any preventive maintenance. If there are some, I would I would welcome hearing about them. Of course if you have problems with any of these, I would take to a Lexus dealer.

!Removed!