Flat Tire/low Tire

Hey people... this is the first time in puttin up a topic. I have a little issue!!! I have a Lexus IS 250. With Bridgestone Poetenza Tires (Peace of Sh*t), anyways. Around January I got my first flat tire on one of the tires in the back got that fix with fix a tire. In February i got my second flat tire (again the other one in the back) went to GOOD YEAR to patch it and didnt work still gets low on air every 3-8 days, and now i have my THIRD flat tire! which is making me :angry: ! Put air in it last nite and then this morning flat again. :angry:

I am so sick and tired of these stupid tires goin flat :angry: . And i live in South Florida so everywhere you go theres nails or rocks, etc.... Reading the tire manual of course its not covered. Has anyone else had this issue!?!?!?!

Please let me know what i can do? other than buying new tires, Gas aint cheap to be wasting money on new tires! I dunno if i need to keep calling Lexus to !Removed! them out or what?

Please Help.

Hey there Is250 sexy Chic. Hmmm, well, while I certianly understand your frustration, but I don't think it's Lexus or the dealerships fault that there are nails and such on the roads which cause flat tires. And if the patch Goodyear put on is leaking, then I would take it back there and have them fix it right. And while your there, have them fix the other one. Also, keep an eye on the objects they are pulling out of your tires. I would ask for them back for collecting and inspection. If they look the same, then you might have a prankster leaning screws under your tires. If not, then maybe look for a different way to work. They have fix-a-flats and so on. Although you need to be careful what you use as some are corrosive to rims over time. Also make sure you do have the correct tire pressure as low tire pressure seems to pick up more stuff.

And the reason you generally have a rear flat is because the front tires roll over the screws/nails/debris, and throw it back and then the rear tires roll over it. When the front tires first hit it, they are usually laying down and mostly harmless, but once in motion again, you increase the chances of rolling over the sharper edges.

Hey there Is250 sexy Chic. Hmmm, well, while I certianly understand your frustration, but I don't think it's Lexus or the dealerships fault that there are nails and such on the roads which cause flat tires. And if the patch Goodyear put on is leaking, then I would take it back there and have them fix it right. And while your there, have them fix the other one. Also, keep an eye on the objects they are pulling out of your tires. I would ask for them back for collecting and inspection. If they look the same, then you might have a prankster leaning screws under your tires. If not, then maybe look for a different way to work. They have fix-a-flats and so on. Although you need to be careful what you use as some are corrosive to rims over time. Also make sure you do have the correct tire pressure as low tire pressure seems to pick up more stuff.

And the reason you generally have a rear flat is because the front tires roll over the screws/nails/debris, and throw it back and then the rear tires roll over it. When the front tires first hit it, they are usually laying down and mostly harmless, but once in motion again, you increase the chances of rolling over the sharper edges.

Hey.... Umm ive looked at it and there is no nail in the tire.. Dont know whats making them flat. Could be Rocks on the road or whatever... i try to keep my tire pressure about 40 psi. and yes i blame it on lexus for putting such sh*ty tires! haha... :lol: seriously its ridiculous, i do watch where im driving i never drive on the grass or on construction zones or nothing like that... just regular streets and highways... it just sucks the tires are really low profile! oh well... thanks for the feedback :D

Tires is tires and punctures is punctures. I had one go flat and used flat fixer temporarily, but driving caused more damage so I needed a new tire. Once the cord is damaged or if a puncture is on the shoulder, you can't really repair a tire. While I was at it I bought two new Continental all weather tires for the back so they would match. They do have a thicker deeper tread. I liked those tires so well I bought two for the front.

• 1 month later...
Hey people... this is the first time in puttin up a topic. I have a little issue!!! I have a Lexus IS 250. With Bridgestone Poetenza Tires (Peace of Sh*t), anyways. Around January I got my first flat tire on one of the tires in the back got that fix with fix a tire. In February i got my second flat tire (again the other one in the back) went to GOOD YEAR to patch it and didnt work still gets low on air every 3-8 days, and now i have my THIRD flat tire! which is making me :angry: ! Put air in it last nite and then this morning flat again. :angry:

I am so sick and tired of these stupid tires goin flat :angry: . And i live in South Florida so everywhere you go theres nails or rocks, etc.... Reading the tire manual of course its not covered. Has anyone else had this issue!?!?!?!

Please let me know what i can do? other than buying new tires, Gas aint cheap to be wasting money on new tires! I dunno if i need to keep calling Lexus to !Removed! them out or what?

Please Help.

Greetings,

How do you get a nail in the back tire...why wouldn't the nail first puncture the front tire. Or, maybe the front tire flips it up and the back tire runs over the sharp end?

Well good luck with those tires.

Kona

Ok here's my two cents. Once I had a similar situation, 9 nails came off my 4 tires when the gas station guy started checking.

I blame a construction site down my street so twice a day at least, I did theyre clean-up.

--Brand or profile have nothing to do with it. Also, leaning to the edge of the highway, near the curve or the emergncy lane? Those are full of stuff waiting for you. Back or front makes no difference. Low profile tires will hold less air volume than say my last SUV giving you a shorter warning but that is not Bridgestone or Lexus fault.

--Recomend you buy a small compressor and keep it in the trunk. It boggles me how many people don't even know they exist and they are very affordable. Air leaks out slowly, say you park all night at home or all day at work and with th compressor, you can inflate enough to drive a few miles to a gas station.

--If a repair is still leaking, rare, perhaps thin thread or missed nail more likely, they can really hide sometimes. You should take it back and ask them to put also a patch inside if no other nail is found but expect to pay for it, this is in addition to what they were suppose to do, it is still cheap enough but means removing the tire from the rim.

--Don't use that spary can junk, the only way for the mechanic to really find a leak or leaks is by looking at the little air bubbles coming out, something that has to be done slowly and patiently and mechanics not allways have that disposiiton. For that reason he/she may have found one but missed other nails, get the little 12V inflator for next time.

--Makes no sense to me but some people will even use the spray and forget about it since now to permanentlly repair, the tire guy has to remove rim and tire and clean the mess and now a $5 fix is a $30 repair.

Hope this helps.

The reason you see alot more rear tire flats than you do fronts is because the nail or screw is usually laying on it side when the front tire rolls over it. But that causes the nail or screw to bounce around or spin up, and then it gets hit again by the rear tire, which now may not be sideways anymore.

I was told by the Lexus dealership and a Goodyear tire shop to never use the "fix-a-flat" in a can if you have the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) as it may cause the TPMS to fail. I like the small compressor idea in the trunk. I would definitely be suspicious of a "prankster" or jealous individual puncturing your tire! It seems quite odd that you have had that many issues with flat tires :(