George Carlin

Lexusfreak

Yeah man. I remember when I was a kid and he came out with "Live at Carnegie Hall." I never laughed so hard! I bought the tape and even to this day, I remember most of it word for word.

Oh man, what a loss! George Carlin is my favorite comedian too. I watched his latest HBO special a couple weeks ago and I remember thinking how frail he looked...

Oh man, what a loss! George Carlin is my favorite comedian too. I watched his latest HBO special a couple weeks ago and I remember thinking how frail he looked...

I saw that too, and thought the same thing. I have several of his clips on my Ipod, and still crack up when they come on. I remember when my older brother was like 14 years old he tricked my dad into taking him to see Carlin at the Purdue theater in Indiana. Dad didn't know who Carlin was, but my brother did. Needless to say, dad came home white as a ghost, while my brother was instantly the coolest kid in the 8th grade.

"And now for the weather forecast ... this evening ... getting dark ... continuing dark throughout the night with partially scattered light in the morning and continuing light throughout the day tomorrow" lol, sorry George if I screwed that one up. What a character. Met him at a bar in Manhattan back in the late ninties. Extremely nice man. As animated and loud as he was on stage, he was very quiet and unassuming in person. He didn't think twice about being out in public. Probably where he got a lot of his material. He not only gave me a sore face from all the laughing, but also provided me with a unique insight into alternative perspectives during my early adolescent years. He'll be missed. Thanks for all the laughs George and keep'm roarin' where ever you are. :cheers:

"And now for the weather forecast ... this evening ... getting dark ... continuing dark throughout the night with partially scattered light in the morning and continuing light throughout the day tomorrow" lol, sorry George if I screwed that one up.

What a character. Met him at a bar in Manhattan back in the late ninties. Extremely nice man. As animated and loud as he was on stage, he was very quiet and unassuming in person. He didn't think twice about being out in public. Probably where he got a lot of his material. He not only gave me a sore face from all the laughing, but also provided me with a unique insight into alternative perspectives during my early adolescent years. He'll be missed. Thanks for all the laughs George and keep'm roarin' where ever you are. :cheers:

"Tonight's forcast.....Dark......continued dark tonight......turning to partly light in the morning". :lol:

I saw the man in concert 3 times & have 2 of his 3 books (3rd will be purchased soon) & have seen almost all of his concerts (especially his HBO stuff). George & Richard Pryor were pretty good friends off the stage too apparently. :)

I need to get my hands on his most recent one 'It's Bad For Ya'.

:cheers: