Plastic Screw Popping Out

Trumpeter

I have a 2005 LS430 CDP (Black with Ecru interior). I noticed in the engine when I open the hood, several of the plastic screws have popped up or out. I cannot screw them in since they just spin around. Did they use the wrong ones or did they not fasten them on the botton side? I even noticed these popping under the wheel well. If it has a plastic screw in the from or under the hood, it is popping out. I push it in but then the next day it is popped out again

Second, what does Lexus CPO do when they sell a vehicle with a time windshield crack in the corner (not a visiion problem).

I just want some amunition before I go there this week.

1. paint pelling---questions answered

2. popping plastic screws---is that poor workmanship

3. chipped windshield upon delivery--fix or replace under CPO

Thanks for all the help.

Peter

post-73305-1214216501_thumb.jpg

post-73305-1214216521_thumb.jpg

post-73305-1214216705_thumb.jpg

Those little plastic clips wear out over time, usually after a few removals. Take them out 3 times, and they start to get loose. Buying a bag of them for like $20 and going through the engine area replacing the old ones with the new ones is no biggie. If you bought the car from the dealership, they'll probably gladdly replace them for you. The windshield can be repaired with a windshield repair kit, and is advised, as cracks like that tend to grow with bumps and temp changes. A little poxy resin, it's all good. I wouldn't replace the windshield if you don't have to though, as Lexus glass is EXPENSIVE stuff! They'll probably just have their glass guy do the repair. It doesn't take much. Or if they won't, just call any ole' glass guy to make the repair. Probably cost you $100 bucks.

The bumper...who knows man. That's their call. If it was like that when you bought the car, then why didn't you point it out at the time of sale? That's what they'll probably say. If it wasn't there when you bought it, they'll probably say someone rubbed you in a parking lot and caused the paint to crack, and now peel. I doubt they'll float the bill for that one.

I suspect getting your windshield replaced for free might be a tough one. Are you familiar with what the CPO warrenty covers? It looks to me that glass is excluded under the CPO program: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html

If only you had noticed the windshield crack and either refused delivery or negotiated its replacement in the purchase contract -- oh well, it's too late for that.

You could ask the dealer to share in the replacement cost or at least to provide the windshield replacement at dealer cost.

Or if the crack really is hard to see, ask the dealer have the crack "fixed" with epoxy. Who knows ... the crack may never spread after it is repaired.