Smart?

Alexander  the o.k.

Passed one of these yesterday on the highway,

smart-car-17.jpg and just laughed and laughed. :) :) : )

They are just too funny. It was the first I'd seen.

Of course when gas hits $7/gal here he'll be laughing at me.

The comedic value? Priceless!

No offense of course to you 'Smart' guys :)

Hell, I may get one just for the sheer joy of it.

Cheers!

They're neat, we went and drove one. They drive and ride very well, you'd never know you were in a vehicle that size.

A coworker of mine is 6'5" and she just replaced her Grand Cherokee with one and loves it.

They are funny to look at though lol

The problem I see with the Smart is the Nissan Versa has 52 more hp, a real back seat, gets the exact same gas mileage, and is $1500.00 less. Maybe not so Smart.

Gas mileage wise there are a lot of cars that make more sense.

The attraction of the Smart isn't just the fuel economy, its the size and the ease of driving it and parking it in the city.

They're all over London and Paris. They're the "waverunner" of the road. They've got a dealership here now, and I've seen a couple on the road. My wife has wanted one since seeing them in London. But, man, with all the yahoos out there, it's tough to see that thing in a safe light. Just last night on my home from the coast, a dumbass in a dodge shadow T-boned a family in a ford taurus, right in front of me. The guy ran the stop sign. Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt, but sure did scare everyone. The guy in the dodge shadow, was a scum bag low life punk from Durham with a suspensed license. Cops arrested him on the spot, which is probably best for him. I wanted to take the tire iron out of the trunk and kill the s.o.b. We'll see if I get called as a witness. I did give a statement and signed it.

But, life is life, and living it too safely is boring.

Yeah, NC that's what I thought when I first saw one. A little digging turned up the fact that they do quite well in the Gov crash tests.

Built in reinforced roll cage, yada, yada. I would consider one if I lived downtown where top speeds reach about 35 on a quiet day. Parking would be a breeze.

Not built for the road with all the Excursions, 'Burbans, f250's and yahoos in my opinion. $20,000 for only half of a car seems a bit ridiculous as well.

Even if it is made by Daimler.

I'm just waiting to see a news report of some drunk getting caught doing 50mph on a golf course with one of these!

Seeing her get in and out of it is funny lol, she's very thin and wears like 3" high heels all the time.

Wow! Thats a big girl and she can fit in one of those? I'm 6'6" barefoot, I never imagined there would be room in one of those for someone even close my height.

My car-nut brother-in-law has one of these on order. I think they plan to replace the golf cart they use to drive around their horse ranch with it. I'm looking forward to kicking the tires once it comes in, but at 6-foot-7 with a 6-foot-11 wingspan, I don't expect to be able to come close to fitting into it....

I'm just waiting to see a news report of some drunk getting caught doing 50mph on a golf course with one of these!

No golf and beer for you nc :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :D

Trust me...me on a golf course without a beer would be like putting Osama Bin Laimass in the middle of the Mall of America, on teen-girls-shop-free day. Somethings just don't mix.