Power Antenna Wiring

OK ...Obviously some folks change the stock head unit with something a little more "powerful"....which I managed ..... My problem is integrating the new head units single power antenna lead to run the 3 wire stock power antenna. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thx Clyde

• 3 months later...

OK ...Obviously some folks change the stock head unit with something a little more "powerful"....which I managed ..... My problem is integrating the new head units single power antenna lead to run the 3 wire stock power antenna. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thx Clyde

hay same here going through the same problem i dont know how to wire up my antenna to work for my new radio!!?!??!??!??!

can anyone help me out PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be aware - this is just a guess. I have not messed with the wiring to the antenna yet, just replaced the mast. But as there seems to be a control box with a multitude of wires that are cnnected to it and the antenna, my guess would be that the three wires are +, - and signal. The + & - being the hot and cold of your 12VDC and the signal being the wire from the radio that tells it when to go up (or down).

What are the colors on the wire insulation?

Be aware - this is just a guess. I have not messed with the wiring to the antenna yet, just replaced the mast. But as there seems to be a control box with a multitude of wires that are cnnected to it and the antenna, my guess would be that the three wires are +, - and signal. The + & - being the hot and cold of your 12VDC and the signal being the wire from the radio that tells it when to go up (or down).

What are the colors on the wire insulation?

bro i have no idea i looked around and found out for the relay is (yellow and red) (white and blue) and( pink and green ) !?!?!?! i checked them ran power and ground to all of the and no luck! it cant be that hard ! i checked if it still worked by runnin its own + & - too the motor and its still works great! i need to send it a signal when i turn on the tunner it it goes up and when i turn it off or cd on it goes down! how many people have after marget radios and there antenna still works?

Well, I got through the electrical diagrams (all 300p) and couldn't find anything about what those 3 wires were for. I can tell they are there, and there are 2 more wires that feed power to the antenna control box, but it just appears that those 3 are strictly for control. Correct me if I am wrong, but the antenna signal is the typical single pin cable....right? Without taking my DMM to those 3 wires to find out what they do, I don't have a clue.

Like you, I was hoping there would be more chatter on this board.

There's got to be someone that has done this.

I'll try to take a look this weekend and see if I can figure it out.

I'm wanting to put an aftermarket radio in soon and will need to figure it out anyway.

:wacko: