Front Bumper Problems With 2005 Ls430

Trumpeter

I just purchased a 2005 LS430 CPO from a Lexus Dealer. The Carfax was clean as well as the service records. The first time I washed the car, the paint from the front bumper started to flake off. What a surprise when I saw this. I called the dealer right away and sent pictures to them for review. I am waiting for a reply but want to know if this has happenend or what it can mean. I noticed that some of the rubber molding under the one front wheel well is out of place. Looks like the bumper was removed.

Second, when I drove off the lot, I noticed a small crack in the corner of the windshield. It can be fixed with the glue that they use so it does not spread but what does Lexus say about a CPO vehicle that has a small crack, but in the corner of the windshield and not in view of the driver.

Your help would be appreciated.

First time Lexus owner and past Mercedes owner.

Peter

The percentage of Lexus vehicles having their bumpers repainted before being sold under the CPO program is approximately 100%. It is standard operating procedure. Older vehicles also often have their bumpers repainted too before they are offered for sale. I could tell the bumpers on my 00 LS400 I bought in 2003 had been repainted by the dealer because they were flawless.

It shouldn't be a big deal to ask the dealer to repaint your bumpers. Dealers often use independent contractors to do touchup. I'd bet this is not the first time a problem like this has occurred. If you go over your car carefully I suspect you will find other areas where the paint was touched up.

Many of these touchup guys with their airbrushes are artists - some do incredible work which is virtually undetectable. I occasionally have the same guy that does touchup for the local Lexus dealer to touch up our cars. He does it in my driveway and the results have been great.

If the bumper is easily peeling it has been either replaced or repainted incorrectly. Probably not correctly primed. Lexus will sort it out I'm sure, after rollocking their paint shop.

Great news to hear. The dealer is in Wisconsin so I hope they have a good body shop. They did not talk off the bumper and tried to painted around and you could see the paint on the crome and headlight, as well as tap left inside the engine. I will ask them on Monday.

thanks greatly. I bouth the car about 2 hours from where I liive.

P

If the bumper is easily peeling it has been either replaced or repainted incorrectly. Probably not correctly primed. Lexus will sort it out I'm sure, after rollocking their paint shop.

Sunday 1pm CST Sunday

What does "rollockin" their paint shop mean? Never heard that termt and tool brush? after rollocking their paint shop. should I ask for the updaed DVD for Nav since it is CPO, as well as the cargo net. Kust seems natural to askl

Great news to hear. The dealer is in Wisconsin so I hope they have a good body shop. They did not talk off the bumper and tried to painted around and you could see the paint on the crome and headlight, as well as tap left inside the engine. I will ask them on Monday.

thanks greatly. I bouth the car about 2 hours from where I liive.

P