Tinted Glass -- Help

I have a Black 2000 ES300 Platinum Edition. My baby gets the sun in her eyes all the time. Does anyone have a suggestion on where / what type of product to have installed on my windows?

Do you suggest the windows to be a Mirror Look, or a Black Window look?

My goal is: From the outside, I DON't want it to look overly dark. However, from the Inside I want it to BLOCK as much Sun as possible -- especially for back seat.

Where should I go to have the windows done?

TY,

Tom

One of my toys is a black 90 Nissan 300ZX and it looks absolutely striking with the darkest tinted windows available in a single layer. My wife's ES is silver and again the darkest tint available makes the car stand out, and obviously keeps the interior cooler, etc. Be aware that at night it really cuts down on your ability to see pedestrians crossing intersections when you are turning! Also be aware that certain jurisdictions don't allow window tint in the front side glass to go beyond a certain level. You could find yourself facing a ticket. It is illegal here in Ontario, Canada, to go as dark as I have my cars tinted. I've had them that way for over 20 years and never have had a problem when stopped by the Police at a sobriety check point, etc. I just make sure to roll the windows down before the officer gets to the car, and don't give him a reason to take note of the dark tint. If I ever do get caught I'll just pay the fine and remove the tint to a shade that won't get noticed the next time. The best advice I can give you is to get a professional to do the job, someone who specializes in it. I'm sure you've seen a lot of cars with the tint all bubbled up. That's a sure sign that an amateur did the work. Personally, I think the mirrored look is cheesy, but its your car, you pay the bills, and its your choice. Good Luck!

I have a Black 2000 ES300 Platinum Edition. My baby gets the sun in her eyes all the time. Does anyone have a suggestion on where / what type of product to have installed on my windows?

Do you suggest the windows to be a Mirror Look, or a Black Window look?

My goal is: From the outside, I DON't want it to look overly dark. However, from the Inside I want it to BLOCK as much Sun as possible -- especially for back seat.

Where should I go to have the windows done?

TY,

Tom

I'd suggest a 35% window tint, its light filtering but not too dark, and professional installation is the best way to go... if you're ever in NYC I'll do it for you, goodluck.

35%

That is also the legal % in Maryland. You can't get a darker tint than that by law. Even though it's rare that you will be pulled over just for illegally dark windows, it does happen.

Suggest a 35% window tint all around, no problem with the cop as long they could see you wearing seat belt.

The mirror look from the outside is completely illegal anywhere in the US. I don't know why they sell it.

Cops do pull cars over for overly tinted windows. Depends on the cops mood that day, they have the rights to issue you a ticket or tow your car away. They can classify overly tinied windows as driving hazards.