New Is350 Owner

I just purchased my first Lexus Wednesday. It's a used 2006 Grey IS350, with the premium package & 18" wheels with only 13K miles. Everything about it looks brand new. Not even a single stone chip, which is very difficult to avoid here in Arizona. Coming from Trucks and an SUV, this thing is fast!! Nice to find that the factory stereo plays MP3 disks. Lots to learn, but so far I am totally happy with it. I was suprised to find that insurance is about the same as my truck when it was new.

A couple questions:

> The metal key is missing from one of the "smart keys". What's the cost & hassle of getting a replacement?

> The front rotors seem quiet warn for only 13K miles. The very outer part has a ridge that's about 0.5 mm raised from the rest. Typical wear or problem with the brakes or previous driver's left foot??

> I was looking for a simple seatcover for the rear seats (I have two boys) and this seems to be a rare item. Any suggestions?

I just purchased my first Lexus Wednesday. It's a used 2006 Grey IS350, with the premium package & 18" wheels with only 13K miles. Everything about it looks brand new. Not even a single stone chip, which is very difficult to avoid here in Arizona. Coming from Trucks and an SUV, this thing is fast!! Nice to find that the factory stereo plays MP3 disks. Lots to learn, but so far I am totally happy with it. I was suprised to find that insurance is about the same as my truck when it was new.

A couple questions:

> The metal key is missing from one of the "smart keys". What's the cost & hassle of getting a replacement?

> The front rotors seem quiet warn for only 13K miles. The very outer part has a ridge that's about 0.5 mm raised from the rest. Typical wear or problem with the brakes or previous driver's left foot??

> I was looking for a simple seatcover for the rear seats (I have two boys) and this seems to be a rare item. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the LOC! Congrats on the car!

For seat covers, you can try :AutoSport. I've ordered from there before and all was good.

As for the brakes, all I can say is take it in and see what they say. If the ridge really that thick, there may be a pad hung up or a something.

And for the key, when you go in, you'll have to talk to the dealer and give him the serial number off the side so they can make another one.