Steering Wheels

advan7

Sup guys, I was just wondering if you guys have used other Lexus steering wheels for your SC. There are so many LX, LS, and GS steering wheels on ebay but no SC steering wheels. Just trying to find an option to re-covering the steering wheel.

Hey advan. There are a couple of options for you. Getting another lexus steering wheel would be one. It will probably need some type of modification. Either for mounting or wiring. A good shop can do it. You'll have to pick one you like. There was a company doing retrofitting of the existing wheel. You have to send it in. So you'd be without one for a while. Don't recall the name or contact info though. I'll have to dig it up if someone else does not know it. Another option are the aftermarket wheels from the likes of TRD and Sparco and the like. Either way, it is going to cost. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
I meant re-covering, as in having the leather replaced.

:P

Hi all,

I’m a long time reader/first time poster.

I recovered my worn sc steering wheel with a genuine leather cover. It was fairly easy to install approx one hour to sew on the cover. I obtained a gray leather wheel cover which matches pretty close to the original color from www.wheelskins.com/ . The cost is approx. $44 USD. If you take your time to sew on tight neat even stiches, it looks real good.

Good luck,

Rob