'02 Es300 Rear Passenger Window Won't Go Down

So the rear right-hand side window on my 2002 ES300 won't go down. I tried the actual switch on the door and the drivers switch and neither have the window go down. I'm guessing it's the motor, so if anyone could instruct me (or lead me to a post) that explains how to remove the panel and replace the motor that'd be great, or if you think it's something else let me know.

Thanks,

Marcus

When you press the window switch, do you hear a click?

I'll check a second time, but yes, I believe I do

Try this. With the key in the ignition in ON position, pull UP the rear window switch and HOLD for 8-12 seconds in the up position. After 8-12 seconds, you will hear a click. At this time, release the switch and turn the key to off position. Wait 5 minutes and then start the car and see if the window is working.

If this doesn't work, repeat the above but this time holding the switch in the DOWN position instead of UP for 8-12 seconds.

This is based on my own observations when both of my rear windows stopped working. May or may not work for you. The rear windows are quirky. I haven't found the official Lexus recommended way to reset them yet. I am dealing with a different problem on mine: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showuser=22158

The rear passenger-side window stopped working for me as well. I could hear the clicking noise when the switch was operated, but the window would not budge. I noticed that the light on the switch would blink twice, in a cyclic fashion.

Following instructions posted elsewhere in this forum, I placed the ignition in the ON position, opened the door with the problem window, pressed down on the switch, then slammed the door shut while holding the window button down. This fixed the problem for me. I think the shock of the door being closed kicks something inside the door back into alignment. Not what I expected from Lexus, but it's an easy fix, so...

Apparently there is a TSB out for installing a spacer of some sort to prevent this problem from occurring, but I'd rather just live with the quirk.

With the ignition on, try using the switch. After the window fails to open, go to the door with the malfunctioning window and look at the green light on the switch.

Is it illuminated at all? If it is, then it is receiving power, at the very least.

Is it flashing? I'm not too sure what the different flashing sequences indicate, but at least it could be a start to diagnosing the problem.

With the ignition on, try using the switch. After the window fails to open, go to the door with the malfunctioning window and look at the green light on the switch.

Is it illuminated at all? If it is, then it is receiving power, at the very least.

Is it flashing? I'm not too sure what the different flashing sequences indicate, but at least it could be a start to diagnosing the problem.

Same problem here/ Mine is flashing like this. Flash,,,,,Flash----Pause------ Flash,,,,,,Flash ???????????? I tried both suggestions as well and neither worked.

The rear passenger-side window stopped working for me as well. I could hear the clicking noise when the switch was operated, but the window would not budge. I noticed that the light on the switch would blink twice, in a cyclic fashion.

Following instructions posted elsewhere in this forum, I placed the ignition in the ON position, opened the door with the problem window, pressed down on the switch, then slammed the door shut while holding the window button down. This fixed the problem for me. I think the shock of the door being closed kicks something inside the door back into alignment. Not what I expected from Lexus, but it's an easy fix, so...

Apparently there is a TSB out for installing a spacer of some sort to prevent this problem from occurring, but I'd rather just live with the quirk.

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it on my ES330 when both back windows refused to go down and it solved the problem (perhaps only temporarily) for both. I wonder what the shock of closing the door jars to fix the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I have 04 ES330 and had the rear windows would not work. Had checked all fuses and all worked. Finally searched this forum and found the answer.

Holding drivers side switch in up position for 12 seconds until the beep. Waited, and it worked!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post.

Daryl

• 2 years later...

Slamming the back door did the trick on both rear doors for me (05 ES330). I had the dealer take a look at it when it had happened before (while under warranty). They were able to unstick it without any servicing, but told me the underlying problem was likely a mechanical one that would cost several hundred $$ to replace. Sounds like a design or manufacturing problem to me.

-D

So I just had this happen to my 06, passenger window would not go up or down but the light would blink. I pulled the switch down (like you are putting the window down) for about 7 seconds and than pulled up on the switch (as if you are putting the window up) for about 14-17 seconds. The light stayed green and the window now works. If you see the light blinking than is some type of code so playing with it and holding the switch up or down will some how reset it. It is not due to a faulty wire or you would not see the light blinking at all.

• 1 year later...

Rear left passenger side window did not go down on my 2002 ES300. Followed the steps listed in this post. With the car engine running (but car was parked) Held the switch up for 10 secs till I heard a click. Press the switch down for 10 seconds till I heard a click.turned car off. In my case i was going in the house so car stayed off for about 4 hours. Came back and tried the window switch and was relieved that it worked. Thank you for those instructions. Now the next thing is can someone tell me how to get the NAV DVD out of the NAV system :). Nav system stopped responding all of a sudden.

Thanks.